"my model"

(these are what i based the photos on!! those are my super gorgeous frens bri and mary margeret!! i love them!! okay srry onto the chap wOop)

parties have never been troye's or connor's thing, so how did they both end up here: surrounded by flashing lights, red solo cups, half-empty beer bottles? there's a couple getting it on in the corner and troye's positive he saw a few people sneak off to the back bedrooms. the house is filled with people they don't know, shy and awkward freshmen to cocky seniors alike. it was crowded and sweaty, music too loud and bodies moving too fast. so how did they get there?

one word: tyler.

connor and troye's good friend, known for his wild parties. and as cliche as it sounded, anyone who was anyone got invited to the party. it was an all-school event when tyler's parents were away for the weekend, and this night was no different. tyler prided himself on his total blow-out get togethers, and he was counting on connor and troye to show up. they couldn't just ditch him, could they?

that's how they ended up sweaty, uncomfortable, and cramped in the corner of tyler's living room, awkwardly nodding their heads to the pumping music and shuffling around. troye held onto connor's hand tightly, deathly afraid of getting separated in the moving crowd. they hadn't ever been to a real one of tyler's parties, and had the vaguest idea of what to expect- but they never could've imagined this.

"can we go upstairs, con?" troye asked in a hushed voice, leaning close into connor's ear so he could hear them. "outside maybe? just away from here?"

"sure," connor nodded curtly. he wanted to get out of there just as much as troye did. tyler had blocked off the staircase and strictly instructed people not to go to the bedrooms, but they were friends. surely he would understand.

they made their way around the mob of tipsy teens to the stairs and climbed them quickly, trying to avoid anyone's suspicious gaze.

once they were safely inside tyler's bedroom, troye let out a sigh and sat cross legged on the bed. distant shouts and music could still be heard, but without the jossling and lights flashing all over the place, it wasn't nearly as nerve-wracking.

just then, connor's phone buzzed. it was a text from his friend ben.

benny the boi: i just saw u go upstairs w troye !!!!!! aRE YOU GETTIN THE D??!?!?!?!!?!?!??!

connor chuckled to himself and replied, no, and shut up. just getting out of the way.

"who's that?" troye asked, leaning over to peer at connor's phone.

"no one," connor said hastily. he turned off his phone and shoved it into his pocket before they could get a look at it.

troye sighed again, over dramatic this time as if they were seeking attention.

"there's nothing to do up here," they mused. they fell back against the bed, bouncing only for a moment before settling into the thick blanket.

connor hummed in agreement. why did they even agree to go to this party in the first place?

his eyes scanned the room, looking for conversation starter hidden in tyler's stacks of comic books and piles of clothes.

"aha!" connor smiled. "look!"

a petite red camera lay on his desk, carelessly thrown on top of a crumpled up sweatshirt.

"a polaroid," connor said, picking it up and examining it. he pressed the on button and watched as the camera shot out, eyes growing wide like a child on christmas. "it has almost a whole pack of film in here, let's take some pictures!"

"of what?" troye asked, rising to stand beside connor and look at the camera. they were intrigued, but what could possibly be of enough interest to photograph?

"you can be my model," connor decided absentmindedly, fiddling with the flash settings.

"oh," troye said meekly. their eyebrows shot up and heat rose to their cheeks- were they really beautiful enough to be a subject of a photoshoot?

"here," connor gestured. "lay down on the bed, on your stomach with your head in your hands."

troye followed his instructions, nervously keeping their posture straight and their head up. connor had his finger hovering over the picture button and could shoot at any time.

"now... would you still love me if my name was petrude?"

troye burst out laughing, their mouth falling wide open in a smile. "wha- what the hell does that even mean?!"

though they didn't register it at the time, a click sounded as they were laughing. when troye finally caught their breath and looked back to connor, he found them waving a little white square around.

"you did not!" troye gasped, trying to pluck the picture from connor's hold.

"i did too," connor smiled mischeviously. "i caught you just as you were laughing, see?"

connor showed troye the tiny picture just coming into color.

"it'll be really cute when it developes," connor stated. even in only partial color, connor can see their smile lines formed with their eyes tight shut. it's adorable, really- he'll never get over troye's ability to be absolutely gorgeous no matter the circumstance.

connor tucked the photo in his back pocket, making a mental note to look back at it later.

"stand over here by the lamp," connor directed, taking troye's hand and leading them to the light. "okay, now put your hand in your hair, like this..."

connor couldn't help but have his eyes wander down to the little strip of skin exposed as troye raised their arm. "like this?" they asked.

"yeah," connor breathed out. they were quite literally breathtaking, just standing there looking all pretty like that. connor brought the camera to his eye and snapped the picture quickly, though he looked at troye the whole time.

as the night went on, connor took as many photos as the camera would allow. he had nine polaroids tucked away in his pocket- ten separate moments when troye looked stunning. they were mostly candid after the first two staged ones, but it didn't matter. they looked beautiful in every shot.

it wasn't very late by the time by the time they ran out of film, only about eight thirty. the party wasn't over till eleven, so they had all plenty of time to kill.

"i'll be right back," connor said, standing from the bed and stretching.

"where are you going?"

"i'm just gonna get punch, and hopefully it won't be spiked," connor chuckled goodnaturedly.

"get me some too," troye added in. "and make sure it's spiked."

"yeah, right," connor rolled his eyes, hand dancing over the doorknob. "i'm not letting you touch a drop of alcohol."

"just kidding, mom," troye smiled sarcastically. "go ahead."

and with that, connor threw himself out into the war zone that was a house party. it would be fine though- things didn't get too out of hand at tyler's parties. they had never gotten in trouble with the cops, so what could go wrong?

what could go wrong?

---------------------

hi guys!! sorry this took so long like??? i've been reading a lot of hamilton fanfic instead of writing kill me

also if any1 likes hamilton pls hmu and we can chat bcs i fucjgin lOve hamiltnt more. Thhagn anyhtjjgn gooodbshjcjdn

mwah forhead kiss

- lsjndnsye