"you're all i want"

both boys are 14 here ♡

"yellow suits you," connor commented as soon as troye walked through his front door. he wore a mustard yellow shirt with the words california 1973 printed on the front.

"and navy suits you," troye fired back, pulling on connor's hoodie strings and stepping inside the threshold of the house.

"mom's not home right now," connor explained as troye kicked off his shoes. "so we can do whatever, i guess."

troye hummed in recognition and padded up the stairs, connor right behind him. "well, i did bring a little something along!" he smiled, tapping the pocket on the denim shorts he was wearing.

troye ran through connor's open bedroom door at the end of the hall and flopped down on the bed, spreading his hands out over the deep blue sheets. connor can't help but look at the way troye's tee-shirt rode up to show off just a sliver of his pale stomach.

"i got nail polish!" troye squeals, sitting criss cross and pulling the little bottle from his pocket. it's a light shade of purple, just the shade of the flowers troye cares so dearly for in his garden.

"oh," connor chuckles, sitting beside him and taking the polish from his grasp. "can you paint mine first?"

"i suppose so," troye nodded, taking connor's hand in his and placing it carefully on his knee. "stay very still."

troye concentrated and painted connor's nails neatly. the late afternoon sunlight poured through the windows, creating a sanctuary of gentle warm hues. the beige of connor's walls, the pink of troye's rose lips and his dahlia cheeks, the softness with which troye held his hand still. while troye's gaze was fixed downwards, connor found himself glancing up at his friend; contently memorizing every little detail. the stray hairs that poked out from his bun and fell around his slender face, the shimmering nude eye shadow that shone in the natural light. troye had left his windows open, letting a pleasant summer breeze drift in from outside. it was strong enough to raise goosebumps on their exposed skin, but the sun forbid in to do so. all that was heard in the moment was troye's soft breaths, how they echoed over and over again in connor's head.

"hey, troye?" he whispered, afraid. afraid of himself and of the unspoken words left between them, and of the scenarios he had played over in his head. he knew exactly what he was going to say, though he was sure it wouldn't play out like he hoped it would.

"yeah?" troye replied, glancing up from the brush. he was just starting to paint connor's left hand, and had left the other one alone to dry.

"what's love to you?"

"oh," troye breathed out, thinking. his eyebrows had furrowed and he looked down once more. connor could've sworn he saw his cheeks redden.

"love is when you trust someone... and you give them the power to hurt you but you trust them enough to know they won't."

connor stayed silent, hoping, praying troye would say more.

"it's when you meet someone and everything starts making sense, and you feel like you've known them all your life. or even before that, in another life. and you know that if you could just keep that person to yourself and hold them and love them and stay with them, you know you could be the best possible version of yourself. love is when someone motivates you to be a better you so you might be better to them. and you just know, because they're your favorite person. they can make you smile and laugh but know just what'll make you cry, too. they keep you sane but drive you crazy. and it barely matters to you what you do together because anything will be the absolute time of your life. every moment is an adventure and every day is a new chance to love a little deeper. and... and you can't see what anyone sees in anyone else because the person you love is all you see. their eyes and their lips and every single little thing about them sucks you in and they're not just your world, they're your universe. it's like being part of something so much bigger and greater than yourself, and it's terrifying and you never want it to happen to you but then it catches you by surprise, and you never want to go back."

by this time, troye was long passed finished with connor's nails. but he kept his gaze down, as if making eye contact would set them both aflame.

"and when you say it- 'i love you,' i mean- it should be happy. it shouldn't be scary anymore because you're sure of it, and you know it's what you want. it feels all cliche like they say in the books, with the fireworks and the butterflies and sparks flying. it's wild and electric, and it constantly feels like you're flying or something, you know? but it's also comforting. you know you'll always have a place- no, a person- to go home to, and they'll hug you and protect you seamlessly as if you were never gone. it's all warm and fuzzy and a feeling you can hold onto. it's an anchor, and even when everything else is out of your control, you have a best friend you know will always be on your team."

best friend. best friend.

"you just feel it in every part of you," connor cut in bravely. "you can feel it in the way your hear aches and in the way your fingers and lips and arms all want to hold and love that person. and it's when you realize that you'd do just about anything to see them safe and make them happy. they're all you want. all you need."

"yeah," troye nodded, eyes flickering up for a split second to meet connor's before studying the bed sheets again. and though connor couldn't be sure, he would've sworn he heard troye breathe out his last words. "you're all i want."

--------------------------------

another filler im screaming i hated this

hellO so jsyk the way i've planned it this story should be about 28-30 chapters long!! i'm not sure if i wanna do more oneshots / a short story like goodnight / a full length one after that so 👀👀👀 tell me whatcha want

1. It's Magic - magic au where troye is a wizard and meets connor, a completely normal chill dude. they hang out and troye desperately doesn't want con to find out abt his magic so he tries to hide it !! then con accidentally drinks a potion from troye's fridge and needs to stay the night so he doesn't literally die BUT THEN he finds out something v strange abt con ooOOOO

2. Rose Again - con doesn't realize he's in love w troye until it's too late and he's dead bUt tHeN he comes back years later as an angel but he's not the same person he always was

3. Haunting - person a is royalty and their castle is haunted by the ghosty spirit of person b

my personal fave is #1 but tell me whatcha think!!

plsplspslspsls;adk pls tell me if there's a full length fic u want me to write bcs i most certainly will!!!