Age 10 and A Meeting in the Rain

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we all have a liking to baseball!"

"Is that so?"

"Yeah! And when I grow up, I want to be a baseball player!"

"Then I wish you luck." Both boys finally came to a stop. Kou looked up to see the sign read Takesushi. He blinked, then turned to face Yamamoto. "A sushi shop is your home?"

"It sure is! More like a family business that my old man runs down in the small town of Namimori!" Yamamoto replied cheerfully. He then ushered the soaking wet brunette inside. "Now let's get you all dried up!"

"Welcome to Takesushi!" Yamamoto's father chimed as the door swung open.

"Hey pops!" Yamamoto greeted his dad. Tsuyoshi smiled at his son, he then noticed Kou, soaking from head to toe.

"And who might your wet friend be?" He questioned cheerily. Kou anaylzed Tsuyoshi, he really was how he was stated to be. Guess it could be true: like father like son.

Yamamoto answered with his usual grin on his face. "This is Kou, I found him in the park sitting on a swing getting wet."

"Is that so? Well then let's get you all dried up young man!" Tsuyoshi ushered the mentioned brunette upstairs to their bathroom. "Can't have you catching a cold now."

Oh yeah, they were definitely similiar....

Being pushed into the bathroom, Tsuyoshi instructed the soaking boy. "Take off your clothes and have a nice hot bath, I'll try to find you some of Takeshi's older clothes."

With that, Kou was left alone to take his bath. He proceeded to do what he was told, and soon found himself in the tub full of hot water. Deep in thought.... more like spaced out. Sliding in deeper into the tub, Kou began thinking on what would happen in the three year time span he had before Reborn would show up at Tsuna's door. "Great.... I feel like another headache is coming on... I better get out before I start to drown."

Once finished with putting on Yamamoto's clothes, which were still a bit too large on him, he proceeded in heading downstairs to the restaurant. He was met with the smell of freshly made sushi. Yamamoto turned around and grinned, patting the seat beside him near the counter. "Come and sit here, Kou! You are about to taste my old man's best sushi!"

Curious at how the taste was going to be like, the said brunette made his way to the seat beside Yamamoto. "What's he making?"

The boy beside him grinned. "Sockeye salmon sushi! It has a lot of flavour to it, and it bursts inside your mouth!"

Kou blinked at the statement he was given, as if it was spoken from an outer space alien. A while later Tsuyoshi pushed a platter on the counter. "It's on the house!"

"Thanks for the food." Both boys said, and dug in. Kou's eyes brightened as the taste entered his mouth.

He complimented Yamamoto's dad on his superb culinary skills. "This is amazing Yamamoto-san!"

"Uh knom riaght?!" The raven haired ten year old, chewed happily.

"Finish your food first before you speak, Takeshi!" Tsuyoshi reprimanded his son.

Yamamoto laughed, he had finished his piece of sushi. "Aha~ sorry dad!"

Kou smiled. He was enjoying their company very much. Soon after a while, the sky seemed to get darker. The brunette said his goodbyes to the Yamamoto family, but they both had insisted to walk him home. And after countless failures, they won. Yamamoto matched his stride with Kou's, Tsuyoshi hung back and kept an eye out for the kids.

"Hey, Kou?" Yamamoto started up a conversation again.

"Hm?"

"You wanna be friends?"

The brunette boy looked at the raven haired boy with curiosity. "Why not? You did save me from catching a cold."

A grin stretched on the taller boy's face. "Aha~ I did didn't I?"

"But you know Yamamoto- "

He got cut off by the said boy. "Call me Takeshi."

"Ok, Takeshi." Kou nodded, trying the new name on his tongue. They had entered the gates of his house and were standing in front of the door. He looked at the taller boy with serious eyes. "I may be your friend now, but an even better one is waiting for you. In three years time."

A smile then graced his lips. Bowing slightly, he politely thanked the slightly shocked raven haired boy. "Thanks for walking me to my house, have a good afternoon Takeshi."

He then entered his house, flashing another smile at the said boy, he closed the door.