15

I open my eyes, sitting up slowly and rub my eyes taking a deep breath. I feel absolutely awful in every single possible way. After I came back home all I remember is falling asleep in Xander's arm, I don't know how I got in my bed. And I don't know where he is right now, or where everyone else is. I should probably get up. I sigh softly and grab my pillow hugging it to my chest while squeezing my eyes tightly. I killed Daren.  I think, at least, I have to get someone to check if a body's there. First day after I met him was absolute bliss, he made me feel like... Like I was the old me, I was human, I wasn't a killer. The second day it became a little rocky, he kept bringing up old jobs, old people, bastards that I never wanted to see again. And finally the third day, the third day I- there's a knock on the door and I look up.

"Morning," Xander opens the door walking in with a bag and closes the door behind me. He walks over to me and sits down on my bed next to me. "Feeling alright?" He puts the bag down and lifts his arm brushing my hair back, cupping my cheeks and I nod my head. "I bought a few things for you, Marissa said they might cheer you up." Xander let's go of my cheeks and grabs the bag dumping it out onto my bed. A whole bunch of snacks and drinks fall spread out on my bed and I stare down at them in shock. I wrap my arms around Xander and bury my face in his shoulder, he's an absolute idiot.

I let go of him and get off the bed sighing, I walk out of my room and to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and rubs my eyes again staring at myself in the mirror. I look awful, dark bags under my eyes, red face, and messy hair. I take a deep breathe and tie my hair up walking back to my room, I open the door to find Xander under my covers, shirtless eating my snacks away.

"I thought those were for me." I laugh quietly getting on the bed and he shrugs shoving more in his mouth. I pile up the snacks and lean back against the headboard, sighing and staring at the wall.

"Want some?" I hear Xander ask with a full mouth while shoving a bag in my face and I shake my head.

"Not really hungry." He pulls the bag away and I keep staring at the wall when I feel his hand on my thigh.

"Want to tell me why you left and what you did? If not, it's cool I can just eat your snacks." He laughs and rubs my thigh gently and I shrug my shoulders hugging my stomach.

"I left because I didn't want... I didn't- don't want to change. I've made a nice--kinda--life for myself. No one can get hurt around me and there's no sappy shit going on. I don't want it to change and then be gone leaving me with nothing again." I grab my pillow hugging it to my chest again, I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past few days. It feels like someone just cut me all over, now the blood's beginning to dry and the cuts are beginning to close up. I sigh softly and I hear Xander shuffling slightly then feel his arms wrap around me and I rest my head on his shoulder. "I killed Daren because I found out he had part in my family's murder. I should've left him alive, tortured him to death. Fuck I'm an idiot. I slept with him. I'm an idiot. I just I hate myself." I begin hitting my forehead and I feel Xander's arms tighten around me.

"He killed your family?" He says stiffly.

"He didn't do it with his bare hands but he had part in it, he gave up their location, everything." I sigh deeply. "I just- this is why you can't trust people. This is why I can't trust you. While this is nice, you comforting me and all, I just- don't-"

"Sh, Aria, I've already told you this is real. This insane feeling for you is real, really wish it wasn't but I don't know how to stop it. How can I make you trust me?" He rubs my back gently and I shrug.

"I don't know."

"I'll prove it. I'll prove it everyday until I take my last breath."

"Xander-" He presses his lips against mine softly and begin kissing back instantly. I really shouldn't, I can't trust him, he might- his lips are so soft. I should pull away, I should kick him out, it's just he's so warm. I really hate him. He pulls away and I stay in the same place blinking slowly. I hear him laugh and I fell my face turn hot, I sit up and shove his shoulder gently. "Idiot."

"I really wish you had a different nickname for me, maybe, sexy?" I scoff in response and roll my eyes. "Okay okay what about GIANT D-"

"No."

"Fine." He pouts slightly and I tilt my head slightly looking at him, laughing.

"Aria, there's a guy named Zach here." I look up at the door when I hear Max knocking and speaking through the door.

"Zach Mitchell?" I ask getting up.

"No, some other Zach. I think he use to be apart of Xander's gang." I freeze staring at Xander, I knew this son of a bitch was lying to me.

"Aria, don't go. He's the one that shot you, I kicked him out of the gang and shot him but whatever you do don't go down there without some sort of protection." Xander gets up quickly from the bed and I pull my gun out putting it in the waist band of my shorts.

"You make sure he has no weapons and is fully guarded. Don't let him anywhere near my office, I'll be down in one second. Make sure Marissa is nowhere near him." I say to Max and he replies with an 'okay' before leaving.

"Aria, don't do the shit where you go after you say you won't. Last time you ran off and I'm not letting you do that again." He walks around grabbing my arm.

"He's in my fucking house of course I have to go down. I get it you want me to be safe but remember who I am, Xander. Remember who you are. It just doesn't all stop with a word. I'm going down, you want to start gaining my trust let's see how you handle him. But no taking charge, it's my house." I walk out of the room and walk down the stairs to see a guy on the couch with my member surrounding him. I walk in front of him, and look him up and down.

"Why are you fucking here?" I ask as Xander walks down the stairs and stands behind me.

"Holy shit you two are fucking, that's why you got angry when I shot her. Oh fuck shit I wonder what your gang thinks, you sleeping with the enemy." He laughs throwing his arms over the couch.

"I asked you a question." I say pulling my gun out and pointing it at his head.

"You won't shoot me." He laughs staring at me.

"And why not?"

"I wouldn't test her if I were you." Xander says behind me.

"Shut up, jackass. You won't shoot me because I have information on Daren and your family." I lower the gun slightly and pull the trigger sending a bullet straight into his stomach causing him to scream and grab his stomach gasping out in pain.

"Don't try me bitch. Now, you were saying?"