27

Felicity's POV:

My vision was blurred as my eyes opened slowly and the world came back into view. The sound of continuous beeps were set in the background of whatever was going on. Something had gone wrong- this wasn't the setting I was familiar with. There were brighter colors that would never blend with the neutrality of where I had just gotten accustomed to, but they weren't quite as vibrant as those of the Killjoy world.

Yet my mind could recognize this location as a hospital room. The faces of strangers shakily exhaled with shocked expressions while approaching my body. A woman, I presumed to be the doctor, analysed information popping up on the monitor screen then turned to me.

"Hello Miss. Felicity, please take a deep breath before I tell you this next bit of news." She paused and continued, "You've been in a coma for two years after a severe car crash and proved no signs of improvement, so it's surprising that you've woken up today."

Her last sentence sank in over a practically silent period of time that felt like forever. I froze and my mind was completely blank- no tornado of thoughts whirling around my head. Just emptiness and unknowing how to react.

"You've had a special visitor come in every day for you, full of hope, and always at the exact same time. This visitor is bound to be here in about a minute, would you like to surprise them or should I say something?" The doctor smiled.

I cleared my throat and mumbled "surprise" in my gravely voice. The woman nodded and left the room to go welcome whoever the person was back into my hospital room. Meanwhile, I lied back down and shut my eyes to appear to be unconscious.

"Thanks, I'll be here for the regular time I stay. I just feel like she's going to wake up soon, it's funny." A male voice spoke from a distance, probably beside the doorway as the doctor let him in.

I heard his footsteps come closer to the seat beside my cot and felt a slightly rough hand take hold of mine. Soft lips pressed onto my hand and he began to speak again. My mind frantically tried to tag a name to the voice while listening to what he was saying.

"Hey, darling. I'm back...again, and it's funny because there's this weird feeling in my gut that makes me think you're going to finally wake up soon. Your family misses you, and I need you back with me. Nothing's the same without you making bad puns and mumbling sarcastic comments under your breath the way that you did. I miss your beautiful, shining eyes that reflected the whole galaxy in them. No one else I've seen can even be compared to who you are, please come back." He elegantly blabbered and paused, allowing me a moment of action.

I reopened my eyes and smiled, jokingly saying: "Your wish's been granted."

In that brief second in which I first saw my "special visitor", my mind was relieved to have the capability of remembering who he was. Tears built up and gushed from my eyes, creating small waterfalls that tumbled down my cheeks. My kind, and dedicated, visitor wiped them away with his fingers while his own tears were flowing down from his hazel eyes.

"Gerard?" I asked to confirm my mind's guess at who he was.

"This is a fu.cking miracle," he managed to whisper. "You remember me?"

"Of course I do." I smiled and threw my arms around him.

I knew who he was, I had only more recently gotten used to seeing him in completely different worlds. His hair was shorter and black, closer to what I had seen after apparently dying in a coma-dream. He held onto me like he would never let me go, warming my heart in the best way possible that was incomparable to any joyful feeling I had ever known.

"What happened?" I questioned him once our grips slightly loosened on each other.

"You were in a car with your three friends. A semi truck driver wasn't watching where he was going and smashed into the car. You were lucky- sitting on one side of the backseat so you didn't get as much impact off of the collision. Unfortunately, your friends died two years ago in the accident." He explained.

"Are they buried anywhere?"

"Not too far off from here."

"We should visit their graves and-"

"Hold on there, you just woke up from a coma. You have to recover, Felicity, or you might make your condition worse. I promise, we'll visit them soon but I just want you back to being your strong self."

My voice faltered with my next statement: "I love you, Gee."

"I love you too." He replied in a tone that was barely heard.

>>>

I was fortunate enough to have a speedy recovery and stayed at Gerard's home where he helped me get back to living life. Not long afterwards, Gee proposed with the claim that he realized how much he needed me over the two years I had lied unconscious in a hospital. Along with massive amounts of happy-tears, I accepted his offer and life continued it's course from there. There were definitely negative aspects of everything we'd gone through, but we wouldn't have wanted it any other way. The challenges we faced built us into a strong duo, becoming more dependent and devoted to each other.