15

P.P.'s POV:
The Dracs had managed to hit Fun Ghoul and me. I was outside of the Trans Am, lying defenselessly against the desert ground while my shoulder spewed out blood into a disgusting puddle. It wouldn't be hard for me to stay alive with just the single wound, but it also wouldn't be hard for the Dracs to give me another one to disable my movement completely. Then I'd be a definite goner. Jet Star had just pulled Fun Ghoul off to the side and into the car where he'd be safer from the ray gun shots.

"You okay there, Party?" He yelled from about 10 yards away since he couldn't see me.

"Not really, I need some help to get up with only one sturdy arm and shoulder. The other ones are immobilized, Jet."

"Don't get too worried about them, I'm coming to get you." He reassured.

"Hurry up so I don't bleed out or get another wound from these stupid shïts."

"Hold on!" He shouted frustratingly, dropping Fun Ghoul down then carefully making his way out to me.

The BL/Ind workers must have heard us, as all their weapons were pointed towards either Jet or me and it became obvious that there was going to be at least one other hit made by the Better Living side. Us, being dumb, didn't bother with security measures and were stuck at gunpoint with only hope that someone would quickly come save our lives. My heart beat was pounding in my ears while I was waiting to be shot at the least and the thought of death was taking over my mind.

"Party, I can't make it over right now or both of us will be ghosted." Jet Star mumbled under his breath.

"I know. Get out of here, just drive back to HQ and come back later. I'll be fine, even if they take me to Battery City."

"Party, don't be an idiot. You'll be tortured so we aren't leaving you here."

"Then what do you suggest?!"

He sighed in defeat, "Fine. We'll be back as soon as possible with a whole troop of killjoys. Don't try to be a hero while we're gone. Just stay alive."

"Yeah, yeah. Hurry up." I waved him off as he jumped into the Trans Am then left me.

A cloud of dust followed behind the colorful car as it drove away. Seconds later, I turned around to see the Dracs had gotten closer to my fallen body. Oh fück.

D.A.'s POV:
The rumbling motor of the Trans Am roared closer to the garage where I was wiping the sand residue on my Viper. I got excited at the thought of Party being back here in safety and rushed over to the car's parking space. Surprisingly, Jet Star was the one who hopped out of the driver's seat with an injured Fun Ghoul who was riding shotgun. The emptiness of the car panicked me immediately, sending pulses of anger and fear through my whoke body.

"Where the fück is Party Poison?" I growled.

"Listen, calm down and we'll take care of saving him. You need to stay and not go crazy, even though that seems almost impossible right now." Jet instructed with his arms out defensively.

Fun Ghoul snickered when I glared back.

"Don't tell me to fücking calm down! I lo- I care about Gerard and I'm not letting him die out there as long as I'm aware of it. Where is he?!" I shouted.

"Woah, what did we just say?" Frank teased.

"Shut up Frank! Where is Gerard?!" My voice echoed.

"In the middle of the section we were patrolling." Frank shrugged before leaving, probably to get his bleeding arm checked out.

"I'll be back with Gerard later." I grumbled, swinging myself into the driver's seat of my car.

Jet tried stopping me, but I was already gone. None of my logic and reasoning was being taken into account; I was busy returning a favor by saving a life. The Viper was speeding through the desert lands, steering wildly over the barren area until I spotted anything standing out. A darkened silhouette of Gerard's body was crumpled on the ground a quarter of a mile away so I swerved the car to slow down the insanely quick speed. His eyes were shut and dirt spots covered part of his beautiful face. I reached out frantically at his arm to grab onto as my ear pressed down to his chest for the sound of a heartbeat. Relief flooded me as the steady sound was still present, but the click of a gun being cocked brought my head up in alert.

"Hello, rebel. Surprised to see me here? Enjoy it for the last few moments of your life." Korse's gravelled voice spoke.

"That's what you think." I whispered, whipping out my weapon and shooting wherever I could land an aim on his body.

He bent over to grab at the side of one of his thighs then flickered his cold gaze at me.

"Wrong move, darling. Your lover is about to die and so are you. You both get to watch each other suffer." He smiled creepily.

I spit in his face and roughly grasped Gerard as I attempted to drag him into my car at lightning speed while Korse was distracted.

A shot rang out and nailed the side of my abdomen. The searing pain of a ray gun bullet going through my body was the worst I'd ever felt before. My body automatically fell concave towards the new wound as I continued to shove Gerard into the car while watching my back for Korse. His weapon was malfunctioning and he was busy trying to fix the issue so I took advantage of the moment- I grazed the side of his face with the laser-bullet of my weapon just enough to make a deep cut along his head.

"Ugh!" He yelled frustratingly.

My butt fell onto the seat as I pulled out a bandana from my pocket to soak up my blood, and then I gripped at the steering wheel tightly. Korse continued to aim at me, trying to shoot out at least one of my tires without success. The drive back started gruelingly silent since my mind could only focus on the horrible pain of my bullet wound. That was until a grumbled moan came from Gerard beside me.

"Hey, you alright?" I urged.

"Mmm?? Yeah, they uh, they got me a little but it's n-nothing." He stuttered from his stinging injury.

"Don't lie to me, dipshït, I can hear the pain in your voice."

"No, really, I'm fine."

"Shut up- you almost died, Gerard! How would you like it if I pretended I was perfectly fine right now and let myself die?!"

"Shh, darling, it's okay. All that's important is that we're both alive and fixable."

I pulled the soaked bandana off my abdomen and threw it at him. Gerard's hands impulsively caught it and he threw it back after realizing what the liquid was. He leaned over in his seat to look at my torso with an incredibly worried look over his face.

"You need to stop the car and lie down in the back. Let me drive, you're hurt badly." He commanded.

"Nope. First, you passed out in a desert and tried to convince me that you're alright. Second, this car is my baby and no one touches it. No exceptions."

"Even if I tell you I love you?"

My heart fluttered unwillingly at his words and I hardened my expression further, holding down the gas pedal even harder to increase the speed.

"I drive the Viper. No one else." I replied.

"What?! I say that I love you and all I get is a 'no, you can't drive my car because I said so and I don't care who you are 'cause I'm the queen.'?!" He shifted into a falsetto voice to mock me.

"Sorry, love you too Gee. But leave the Viper out of it." I smirked at my own resistance as we finally reached the garage passcode entryway.