03

D.A.'s POV:
The guys brought us to the major Killjoy HQ of Section 3 after Lithium's mini-break down about meeting the Fabulous Four. They showed us into their car- a gorgeous, colorful Trans Am with a thin spider on the dashboard. As I didn't pay too much attention to our leading rebellion members, I didn't know any of their names the way that Lithium did. So for the time, all I knew was that there was the Red-Head guy who was driving, the quiet blonde guy riding shotgun, and two dark-haired guys squished in the back with us.

They entered a passcode and drove into a massive warehouse building to park the car. So far, there weren't any bystanding people around for us to meet. We were lead down a long hallway that looked similar to a cleaner prison block. There were numerous doors to, what I was assuming to be, housing rooms lining the length of it. Red-Head led the whole group all the way to the end of the path at the bigger-looking rooms, opening the second to last one. We stepped inside together and gazed at the simply decorated, yet bright room.

"Alright, so this is where you four can stay. There's beds, a bathroom, hair stuff, wash-yourself stuff-" He listed.

"They're called 'hygiene products'." I reminded with a chuckle.

"Whatever, that's irrelevant. If you need anything, we're in the biggest complex on the right side of this room and you can get fresh clothes and food and stuff back out towards the middle of the warehouse. There aren't too many Killjoys staying here now, so that's why you didn't see anyone hanging out. Smart-äss' car will get picked up and towed back here by tomorrow morning." He informed.

"Aww, I got a nickname." I smirked back.

"Yeah, we don't know each other's names right now so nicknames are all I got to work with." He sassed.

"What I'm hearing is we need to introduce ourselves to each other." Grenade piped up amidst our banter.

"As at least one of you appears to know, I'm Party Poison." Red-Head, now known as 'Party Poison', started.

"Hey, I'm Fun Ghoul." The short brown-haired guy smiled.

"Uh, I'm Jet Star." Afro-guy waved.

"And I'm Kobra Kid." The blonde said with a very quiet tone.

"Kobra's my brother; by the way, he's pretty shy and Fun Ghoul is going to get you into trouble or dangerous situations." Party Poison warned.

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Gilded Grenade." My talkative, fiery-haired friend began on our side.

"I'm Celestial Wyvern." Our tall group member continued.

"Oh, I'm Lithium Illusion." The Fabulous-Four-lover blushed.

"And Smart-äss...?" Party Poison teased.

"My name's Destructive Ambrosia." I said.

"Now that that's over with, what model car have you got, Destroya?" Party asked.

"Wow, got two nicknames and you only met me a few hours ago."

"Well 'Ambrosia' or 'Destructive' are too long to roll off the tongue and 'Destroya' sounds more Killjoy-esque than 'Destroyer'."

"Whatever works for you, Party. I've got a dark blue '79 Dodge Viper GTS with white racing stripes across the top and a black viper on the hood sitting in the middle of Section Five."

"Alright, we'll have it back soon. In the meantime, get used to the room, do whatever, and the food is usually served in around an hour to 9 at night." Jet Star told us, moving the guys' shoulders towards the doors.

We thanked them and spread to various areas of the large room, exploring all the contents of the drawers and other furniture. I crashed onto the thin blankets over one of the beds and my body became so relaxed from finally resting on a comfortable surface. It was as if I had fallen onto a puffy cloud and the wonderful feeling encompassed my whole body, immediately making my tired eyes shut as I fell asleep.

···

I was shaken awake from my restful nap a few hours later and a loud voice spoke words I couldn't quite understand yet. It took a few seconds for me to completely come back to life and comprehend that someone else was standing, and speaking to me, in the room. Messy red hair, hazel eyes, and tanned skin attracted the direction of my gaze.

"Hey, did you hear me?" Party said in the loud voice I'd heard earlier.

"No, sorry. I don't sense things right after I wake up; it's a 10-second process for them to come back." I explained, standing up from the wonder-working bed.

"Oh, well, the food's gonna be served for another half hour if you're hungry."

As if on cue, my stomach let out a low grumble and began to ache terribly.

"Thanks, could you lead me over there? I mean, I'd try to figure it out but I'm starving and I don't know my way around here."

"Sure, Destroya." He teased and one side of his mouth twitched up into a playful smirk.

I saw the girls of my group and Party's friends chatting together out in the hallway. Grenade was locked in a heated conversation with Jet Star and Fun Ghoul about hair colors, since they were the only ones to not have dyed hair. Wyvern added in her occasional comments to the argument while Lithium and Kobra listened in silently. The discussion somehow managed to quickly switch to being about Ghoul's collection of tattoos. My guess was that Grenade was her hyper-active self and noticed them, a list of questions firing from her mouth.

"You coming?" Party asked a few feet in front of me since my slowed speed allowed him to get ahead of me.

"Yeah, sorry. I just find it so weird that they all kind of clicked so fast. Well, at least Grenade and Wyvern did. Lithium's a bit more reserved. Anyways, thanks for bringing us over here and trying to get my car back." I replied.

"Yeah, no problem. I think Lithium is kind of like my brother, since they both stay back from being the leaders of the conversation."

"She used to be a lot more talkative with everyone before the rebellions. A lot of her friends were brain-washed by BL/Ind's pills so she lost a bit of herself."

"That's tough. But we've all got dark stories because of BL/Ind, which built our characters and our hearts' fires to keep fighting back."

His words were surprisingly deep, and I admired the brutal truth behind them. They were even slightly poetic, if I dared to say such a thing about a rebel with a defensive attitude.