Chapter 27: Greek God Wearing A Crown and Tux

______________

If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it
- Marcus Aurelius
______________

Chapter 27: Greek God Wearing A Crown and Tux.

"The day has finally come. Where all the girls get together and get ready and the boys are forced into monkey suits by their dates. After weeks of shopping, booking and planning the day is here." I looked at Delilah and Courtney.

"Prom!" We all squeal and jump up and down on my bed.

Did it bother me I didn't see Christian since last week? No. Does it bother me that I won't be celebrating prom with him? No, not at all.

He's at early orientation and he won't be back until tomorrow. It's perfectly fine with me.

Am I trying so hard not to break down and cry? Most definitely.

"How are you holding up?" Courtney rubbed my arm.

"I'm fine." I said softly

"Really?! If my boyfriend was going to college across the country I would definitely be crying my eyes out." She said nonchalantly. "I mean who knows what he could be doing. He could fall in lo- ouch!" She rubbed the spot where Courtney pinched her at.

"Really I'm fine there's nothing to worry about. I trust Christian." I smiled weakly.

"You are strong and I admire you for that." Courtney hugged me tightly and I tried to strengthen my smile.

That's another thing Christian loved about me. Even when I feel like crying I keep it in and act like everything's fine, when it's not. In reality I want to cry in a dark corner until it swallows in into the deepest darkest place of earths core. I want to beg Christian not to go but I don't want to be the reason he's not getting the education he wants. But most importantly I don't want anyone's pity because I can handle myself. I've carried burdens on my shoulders before and dealt with it myself. I will be fine.

"Lets get ready ok. Prom is in 8 hours and we haven't even started yet."

After spending the majority of the 8 hours going to our appointments we were finally ready to get into our dresses.

Courtney's was an A-line black one long -sleeve mini prom tulle, Delilah's was an White strapls lace floral twist drape mini prom, and mine was an Deep blue embroidery halter v-neck lowback hi low prom train.

"Hailey you look amazing." Courtney gasped.

"You think so?" I looked down at my dress and smiled. They both nodded her head.

I slipped on my black heels while Delilah snatched her phone out her clutch. I tucked my wavy hair out my face while I fixed the strap.

"And send." Delilah giggled. I looked up at her scrunching my eyebrows.

"What did you do?" I slipped on my other one and fixed my strap.

"Nothing." She giggled and shook her head.

My phones started ringing. I fished it out my clutch and answered it.

"You look amazing tonight." Was the first thing Christian said.

"How'd you-" I looked over at Delilah and she was talking to Courtney. "Delilah took a picture of me and sent it to you didn't she?" I crossed my arm.

"Yes she did. It's now my lock screen because you look so beautiful." I blushed at his words. "Win prom queen for me alright?" He chuckled.

"Ok." I tried my best not to cry.

"I love you Blue." My heart leapt and stuttered at the same time.

"I love you to Christian." I smiled.

We hung up and I pushed down the tears that threatened to surface. I walked over to deli who was putting on Courtney's makeup.

"Sit over there I'll put yours on in a bit." She pointed to over by my bed. I nodded and walked over to her.

When we finally made it to prom the sun was just starting to set. Neither of us had dates so we were each other as our dates. Courtney and Delilah went off with each other and I sat at our table moping about.

"Hailey right?" Josh sat next to me. He looking really handsome in his tuxedo.

"Yeah." I looked at him.

"Just making sure, Christian calls you blue a lot and you never raise your hand in class." He wiped his hands on his pants.

"You haven't talked to me in months Josh. Why now?" I looked at him.

"I've come to ask you to dance. You look like you could use some cheering up." He smiled and held out his hand.

"Would Christian approve of this?" I raised my brow.

"Actually he was the one who texted me and told me to make sure you have a good time. So I'm pretty sure he approves as long as we don't 'bump and grind'." He joked and I laughed at it.

"Sure." I stood up taking his hand.

As soon as we stepped foot on the dance floor a slow song started to play. We stood there awkwardly until he placed my hands on his shoulders and his on my waist. I looked down at our feet for a while.

"What happened to rose?" I looked back up at him.

He nodded towards the other side of the dance floor. I looked and saw her and chichi wrapped around each other. They both were smiling and looked happy in each others arms.

"We broke up a week ago." He said. "Her and chichi got together right afterwards." He respected his boundaries and kept his hands above the belt but bellow the boobs.

"And it doesn't bother you?"

"Not really." He shook it head. "I saw it coming so I was prepared."

"So you're on to the next one huh?" I joked.

"I'm taking a break from dating but I do have my eye on someone. We've been talking a lot." His cheeks grew pink and he smiled.

"Really who?"

"Delilah, we started talking right after the Hawaii trip. I feel bad for being mean to her all those years."

"You're the mystery guy she's been talking about?!" My eyes widened.

"Sh-she talks about me?"

"All the time. She goes on non-stop how you make her happy and she can't stop smiling when you text her. You should go find her and dance with her." I stepped away and he shook his head pulling me back.

"I promised Christian."

"I'll be find josh, go." I pried his hands off my waist and stepped back.

"Christian is lucky to have you in his life." He smiled.

"I'm lucky to have him too." I blushed and looked down at the floor.

He kissed my cheek and then left. I sat down at the table and watched the couples dance. I spotted Delilah and Courtney dancing and laughing with each other. Josh went up to them and deli looked love struck. She quickly agreed to dance with him and Courtney headed my way.

"You look glum." She sat next to me.

"I'm not, just lonely. You can keep me company." I faced her and smiled. My heart couldn't take anymore happy couples.

"Did you know josh was Delilah's mystery man?"

I nodded my head. "He told me. He wouldn't have asked her to dance if I didn't force him to." She slapped my arm. "Ow!!"

"You weren't gonna tell me?!" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I found out only a few minutes before you did geez." I rubbed my arm. "No need for violence."

Court, Deli, Josh and I sat at the table. I was jealous of Deli and Josh because they made me miss Christian so much more. When they realized I barely made contact with either of them they scooted apart and minimized the amount of cuteness they radiated off each other.

"Ladies and gentlemen. The moment you've all been waiting for. Time to announce your prom queen and king. You guys voted for them and here they are." The principal stood on stage in front if the mic. There was only one crown and sash in his hand and there was and envelope as well. I looked away not wanting to watch.

"No normal person ever wins. It's always part of the popular crowd or unnaturally pretty." I rolled my eyes and sipped my punch.

"You prom queen is.." He paused for dramatic affect.

Rose Gordon

"Hailey Whitman!" He announced the same time I appointed rose the crown in my head. I hadn't even noticed.

"Hailey you won!!" Deli squealed.

"What? No I didn't?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

A hot and bright spot light shone in me. My heart dropped into my stomach.

"Come on up Hailey." The principal spoke.

Slowly I stood up and made my way to the stage. She helped me on the stage and then placed the crown on my head, the sash around my torso and handed me the flowers. I was grateful for taking my medicine today.

Some one pinch me I'm dreaming.

"Where's are homecoming king at?" She looked around.

Someone tapped my shoulder and pointed to the side of the stage. At the same time I looked the spot light turned as well. My heart sped up as Christian stepped into the spotlight with a hug smile on his face.

The kings crown was on his head, slanted but on his head. His sash was across his torso as well. He looked like a Greek god wearing a crown and tux. His bow tie was the same color as my dress.

My heart hammered against my chest and I covered my mouth after I dropped the flowers. I haven't seen him in two weeks. He looked better than ever.

I walked towards him and met him half way. I instantly threw my arms around him and gave him the biggest hug. He hugged me back with equal force. I pressed my face into his neck and cried. I didn't care if it ruined my makeup.

"I missed you so much." I sobbed and hugged him tighter.

"I missed you too." He stroked my hair and held me close as we rocked from side to side.

I hand my arms wrapped around his shoulders and he had his wrapped tightly around my waist. We rocked slowly to the beat of the music. I could feel the rapid beating of his heart. There was nothing but silence between us and I didn't mind it at all.

He lifted my head up and kissed me. He kissed me as if I was going to disappear into then air, as if all this was a dream and none if this ever happened, as if he was dying tomorrow and this would be the last kiss that we ever shared, as if he was saying goodbye.

__________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. That was like the cutest thing ever. If I had a boyfriend and I was at prom and won prom queen. This is how I'd want to know who my king was. Especially if he was gone for two weeks.

But things like that only happen in fairy tales, like Cinderella, or stories like this one. Never in real life.

Her dress in the side bar.

~Dejah