Chapter 16: Happiness Isn't Forever

______________

Be bold. If you're going to make an error, make a doozey, and don't be afraid to hit the ball. -Billie Jean King

______________

Chapter 16: Happiness Isn't Forever

It's hot...why is it hot?...it's not just hot it's burning up...my room is never burning in the morning..what is this madness..

I groan and try to get up but something heavy is keeping me down.

What the hell?! Who is restraining me?!

I opened my eyes to see a brown mess of hair. It's a while before I realize that it's Christian.

He was fast asleep. His heard rested on my shoulder and his big, probably made of metal, arm is draped across my arm. So basically he was pinning me down to my bed.

Hasn't he heard of personal space?!

He looked so cute. He looked at peace. It's really different from his usual look. He seemed to always be thinking about something but he never zoned out like I do. He looked relaxed like nothing was on his mind.

I was everything but relaxed. I was over the edge. My senses were going haywire. The butterflies had babies and their babies had babies and their babies had babies and their babies babies had babies and their babies babies babies had babies and their- well you get the point. Then to top it all off I was burning up and he was the cause of all of this. If this is what being married feel like then I'd rather keep a far distance from my husband. I don't think I could handle all this heat throughout the night.

I tried moving but it was no use. His grip tightened and he groaned slightly. I held my breath and waited. Soon after awhile his grip loosened, not loose enough to be free but loose enough so I could breathe.

"Christian." I tried moving his arm. I got no response and I wasn't going to move the iron arm off me anytime soon. "Christian." I poked his face.

"What?" He grumbled.

"Could you like err get off me?" I gulp.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and rolled over. He snuggled into one of my pillows and went back to sleep. I slowly got out the bed and went downstairs. I found Patrick angrily peeling an orange.

"What did the orange do to you?" I laughed trying to lighten the mood. He glared at me. "Ok no jokes, what's wrong?" I grabbed any apple and a knife.

"Happiness doesn't last forever little sister. When you have it, hold on to it. You don't know when you'll loose it." He sighed and pressed his hands against the island.

"What happened?" I started cutting my apple. I may not know how to cook but I can slice and dice.

"Me and Amelia broke up last night."

Is it wrong that I want to jump for joy?

"Why?" I tried to hide my excitement that was building inside of me by swallowing it.

"We had a fight, it ended up in us breaking up. She said she wasn't happy anymore." He looked up at me.

"Why'd she say that?" I could obviously see that my brother was pained by this.

"She saw how you looked all flushed when you came home a few nights ago. And she over heard you and Christian talking at his house how you guys like each other. She said she didn't want to make things awkward and I tried telling her that it didn't matter if we dated and you guys dated. She was convinced that she was taking away you guys chances at happiness so she ended ours." He closed his eyes and gripped the counter.