Chapter 12: You Seem Blue?

___________

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh
- George Bernard Shaw
__________

Chapter 12: You Seem Blue?

I walked through the halls of Yurkins High School terrified. Who knows what Rose has planned for me. She wrote on my Facebook page saying she missed me and can't wait to get started.

So far so good. I haven't been shoved or harassed.

I went to my locker feeling somewhat relaxed. I opened it and red liquid splashed all over me. In the distance I could hear rose and her squad laughing at me.

And the assaults begin.

I close my locker and trudge to the girls bathroom. I pushed open the door and a bucket of purple liquid falls on my head.

It can't get any worse.

I went over to the sink, now shivering. I turned the handle and water sprayed in my face. I quickly turned it off and moved my hair from my face. I frowned at my reflection.

"What's wrong Hailey? You seem blue?" Rose laughed.

My face had turned blue. How I don't even know. I turned to face rose and was shocked by what I saw. Christian was standing right behind her.

"You seem intrigued by my helper. I'd like to introduce you to-"

"You did this?" My voice cracked.

"I-I didn't know it was gonna be you. She said it wasn't I swear." He tried pleading his case.

"But you still helped her!!" I yelled. "I was feeling sorry for how I treated but now I take it all back. I take everything back." I ripped the necklace off my neck at threw it at his face. He caught it.

"Blue I-" he was cut off by rose and her sidekicks laughter.

"Just leave me alone." I pushed past him and ran.

I ran until I could no longer run anymore. Seeming I was on the track team and I run in the summer and when school starts i could run pretty far. Spring had just started to bloom, most of the snow has melted and the air was misty.

I found myself sitting under a oak tree and releasing all the tears I've built up inside.

There was a drip on my shoulder. Soon after it was pouring down.

Least the color will leave from my hair.

I pulled my knees closer to my body and looked out to the park. Everyone was hurrying to their cars trying to get away from the sudden rain. I sat there and let the rain drench me.

The water felt like cold fingers slicing into my skin as it slid down my back. After about 5 minutes a white escalade pulled up to the park.

What part of leave me alone doesn't he get?!

He looked around and the rain started to drench him as well. He was wearing his hoodie with his leather jacket over it. What was the point of that I don't know. His hair started to hang in his face.

"Hailey!!" He called out. "I know you're here. You always come here when you're said. Just hear me out please." He continued to looked around.

He looked in my direction and froze his chest heaved up and down and water ran down his face. His hair hung in his eyes and framed the sides of his face. He stuck his hands in his pockets and walked towards me. When he reached me he sat down next to me.