10:Mending I Guess

I stood outside the door looking at the doorknob debating on weather or not to go in. "Aren't you gonna go in?"

I looked over at Courtney. "Yeah. I'm just...taking this all in. I guess."

I opened the door and took a step in. He was laying on the bed really loopy. He lifted up his hand and looked at the thing on his finger. "Don't take that off."

"Why?" He answered.

"You need it. If you take it off the doctors will think your not alive."

"Where's yours? You had one the other day."

"I took mine off. But its ok because the doctors know."

"You know. You're really really pretty. I wish I was still your friend."

"Me too." A tear slipped from my eye.

"Don't cry. Did you know I tried to die. You look like this girl I know. Shes really really really pretty. I kinda like her. But shes mad at me. She doesn't want to be my friend. It made me sad because its my fault."

"I do know that girl. You visited her in the hospital and she yelled at you and told you to leave. But she didn't mean it. She wants you to be her best friend again. She misses you."

"She hates me. I know because she told me not to come back."

"No. She doesn't hate you. I promise. You know that girl. Well....that girl is me. Jack its me Alexis."

"Wait a minute. Its you." He sat up and wrapped jis arms around me. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. None of this is your fault. But why did you do that?"

"I don't like hurting people I love. Especially you."

I looked over at Jared who actually had a tear in his eye. He looked at me and mouthed 'hes loopy.' But I'm almost positive he knew what he was saying. "Ya know Jack. When we get out of here. I want to spend some time with you."

"That sounds fabulous."

"I have to go now. The doctors mad at me."

"Ok. Bye."

I hopped back over to my room and sat down on the bed and startets to cry. "Why are you crying?"

"There happy tears. I'm just...I'm happy now. We made up."

"Thats so great." Victoria said.

"Yea. But what if he doesn't remember what was said."

"He will." Jared cut in.

"How can you be so sure?"

He smirked. "Just trust me."

I nodded and layed down on the bed as the doctor came in. He looked at me and shook his head.

"Alexis. You do know that you're not supposed to move."

"I understand completly. I just didn't listen."

"That's whats gonna get you more hurt."

"I know. I just didn't care enough."

He sighed and hooked me back up to my moniter. Once he left the room I startes to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Sophia asked.

"He was mad. Its funny."

"You're crazy."

"Yeah. Don't you love it."

She rolled her eyes and laughed.

[}<>{]