Lucky 13

That afternoon, Rose headed straight to the beech tree, excited about seeing Scorpius. She'd had a really busy day, having to concentrate hard in her classes so that she wouldn't miss any important information, so she hadn't thought much about Scorpius.

Walking out of the castle, she noticed how beautiful the scenery was. The rolling green grass spread out before her. The sun had melted the slight sheen of ice on the lake and it looked like it was made of diamonds, the sun glinting off of the water. Further out in the lake, Rose thought she could see the giant squid flailing its tentacles about playfully, splashing water everywhere. The weather was unusually warm for the middle of Winter, feeling a bit more like early Spring. She looked over to the beech tree, where she could see the outline of a figure.

She walked to the tree, taking care not to stumble on the rocks sticking out of the ground. Getting closer, she could see a picnic set out with Scorpius standing beside it.

A red checkered picnic blanket was set out with two plates, each with some pastries and small slices of cake. There were also two goblets filled with warm butterbeer.

"Wow! What's all this for?" Rose asked Scorpius, standing next to the picnic.

"I thought it might be a nice afternoon. It's great weather and this is such a nice spot. Do you like it?"

"I love it!" Rose exclaimed, her eyes lighting up.

They both sat down on the blanket, facing the lake and started eating their food.

"So," Scorpius started, looking at Rose. "I never officially asked you, and I was wondering, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Rose was shocked by Scorpius' question. Not that she didn't want to date Scorpius, but she'd just assumed they were already going out. She'd never expect someone to officially ask her.

"Definitely!" Rose said, recovering from her shock.

"Great!" Scorpius replied, obviously relieved.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Rose yawned loudly, tired from her busy day.

"Are you tired?" Scorpius asked her.

"Yeah. It's been a busy day." Rose replied.

Scorpius shuffled closer to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "You can rest your head on me if you want."

Rose hesitated for a moment before resting her head on Scorpius' shoulder. She noticed how he smelled of pine mixed with something sweet. She thought how perfect this moment was: a beautiful afternoon with Scorpius.

They were sitting quietly when Rose thought she heard a terrified scream. Lifting her head from Scorpius' shoulder, she looked around, trying to find where the noise was coming from. "What's wrong?" Scorpius asked, obviously having not heard the scream. Rose was about to answer him when she heard the scream again, and this time Scorpius heard it as well.

Standing up, she looked around and heard the scream a third time. "Come on, quick!" She said to Scorpius, pulling out her wand. "I think it's coming from the Forbidden Forest. Scorpius stood up as well, taking out his wand.

Rose ran to the edge of the forest with Scorpius just behind her. Reaching the first row of trees, she saw a sight that made her jaw drop.

Sparks Fly (Harry Potter FanFiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara