Chapter 24

Rose walked quickly through the corridors to the Gryffindor tower. She'd almost reached the portrait of the Fat Lady when Scorpius came around the corner. Rose tried to dash down another hallway but he'd already seen her. "Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you." he said as he walked over to her.

"If you're going to try and tell me how rude Alice was I don't want to hear it!" Rose said with a little more venom than she intended.

"No that's not what I wanted to say." Scorpius said calmly. "I was looking for you to tell you how sorry I am for the way I acted. I did nothing to improve the situation and just made it worse."

Even though Scorpius was apologising, Rose wasn't ready to forgive him yet. "It's not me you should be apologising to, it's Alice." Rose said harshly.

"I know and I have." Scorpius explained, ignoring Rose's cruel tone. "I found her almost as soon as you ran off."

Rose knew she couldn't be mad at him when he'd done as much as he could to make amends. Rose sighed then walked over to Scorpius and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her back and held her close. Rose breathed in his smell and leant her head against his muscled chest.

After a few moments, Rose reached up and kissed Scorpius tenderly. He kissed her back hungrily, holding her close to him. She hooked her hands behind his neck, relishing the moment. Scorpius wrapped his arms around Rose's waist, keeping her close to him. Both Rose and Scorpius were so focussed on each other that they didn't hear the sound of footsteps growing louder.

"What do you think you're doing with my sister?" A voice said, bringing Rose back to reality. She turned to see Hugo standing at the end of the corridor, his hands on his hips and his chest puffed out, trying to look intimidating.

"Didn't you hear me? I asked you what are you doing with my sister?" Hugo said again when Scorpius didn't reply.

"Hugo what do you think you're doing?" Rose cut in before Scorpius could answer.

Hugo walked forward towards them, scrutinising Scorpius. Rose could see Hugo putting the pieces together. "Wait... This isn't... No way!" he said, the realisation dawning in his face. "Mum and dad are going to have a fit. Oh and Uncle Harry is going to be furious."

"If you say anything you will regret it." Rose threatened.

Hugo glared at Rose. "Fine. I won't. But you do realise you'll have to tell them eventually. Anyway, you owe me big time now." he finished. Hugo scowled at Scorpius then ran off down the corridor.

Rose and Scorpius stood in silence for a moment before Scorpius offered to walk with Rose to the Gryffindor tower. Rose nodded and walked hand-in-hand with Scorpius to the edge corridor with the portrait of the Fat Lady.

Rose was quiet the entire time. She was thinking about what Hugo had said. She would have to eventually tell her parents about Scorpius and it wasn't something she was looking forward to. It was obvious how much her parents and Uncle Harry despised the Malfoy family and Rose couldn't predict how they would react.

Scorpius must have known she was thinking about that, because before he left he said, "When it comes time to tell your family I'll be right beside you. They can't hate me for something I had nothing to do with. Don't think about it now, we have ages to decide when and how we'll tell them."

Rose nodded and smiled up at Scorpius, "Thanks." she said with a fake a cheerfulness, trying to show Scorpius that she wasn't worrying about it. Scorpius lightly kissed her on the lips and walked off in the opposite direction to the Fat Lady.