Chapter 4

Rose was the first awake in her dormitory. She noticed she was sharing the dorm with four others. Ivy Harris had the bed to the left of Rose. She was a tall, skinny girl with light brown hair which she kept as a pixie cut and Rose had spoken to her a few times when she'd been in her class in fourth year. In the bed on her right was Chelsea Woods, an acquaintance with a blonde bob and a smattering of freckles across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. Jessica Ginter, a girl with shoulder-length straight hair similar in colour to Rose's slept in the bed on the other side of Jessica. Rose knew her quite well as she was a Keeper on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Natalie Banterbranch was in the bed across from Rose. Her dark skin and hair a stark contrast against the white sheets. Rose knew her to be a stuck-up girl she strongly disliked. Natalie probably didn't like Rose either. Rose sighed, the girls in her dorm all quite nice with the exception of Natalie, she just hope she wouldn't get on her nerves too much.

It was still quite early, so Rose got ready as quietly as she could, then carried Athena to the owlery at the top of one of the castle's towers, after making sure her owl was comfortable in one of the alcoves, Rose returned to her dorm.

Arriving in her dorm, she was greeted by three cheerful 'hello's' from Ivy, Jessica and Chelsea.

"Where's Natalie?" Rose asked

"Don't know." Ivy said. "She was gone when we both woke up."

After small talking for a bit, the four girls went to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Rose sat at the table next to her friend Alice and Amelia Bones soon joined them. They were chatting away when a dark-skinned, first year came at sat next to her. Rose recognised her as Amita Patil, the first student to be sorted in to Gryffindor last night. Rose gave her a smile then turned back to her breakfast. The girl still sat there, looking up at Rose with her big, brown eyes. "Um." She began in a meek voice. "Professor Forsvar asked me to tell you that he would like to meet with you after your final lesson." Amita blabbered out in one breath.

Rose looked at her, not sure what to think of the little Indian girl sitting in front of her. "Thanks for telling me. Here," Rose said, pulling a few knits from her pocket, "Take these." Rose placed the coins into Amita's hand. Amita smiled up at Rose, revealing a row of perfect, white teeth, before taking her plate and sitting with a group of first years.

"Wonder what Professor Forsvar wants with you." said Amelia

Rose shrugged, just as confused as Amelia. She pondered over what the Head of Gryffindor House would want to speak to her about. It was only the first day of term and Rose couldn't think of anything that she'd done wrong. With no use in worrying about it, Rose pushed the thoughts on Professor Forsvar to the back of her mind.

After collecting and comparing her timetable, with Alice's and Amelia's, Rose said goodbye to Alice and walked to her first class with Amelia: Advanced Potions with the new Professor Dippet.