Chapter 7

The week crawled by as slowly as the week before Christmas for a six year old. The fact that Rose was counting down the days didn't seem to help the time go by any faster. She tried to distract herself with homework, reading and sorting out the Quidditch timetable in preparation for the trials the following week, spending hours at a time working on things, but nothing seemed to distract her enough.

At last, Saturday morning arrived. Rose lay in her bed, smiling that the day of the Hogsmeade trip had finally arrived, after days of anticipation and excitement. Rose settled on wearing her denim jeans with a black and white polka-dot jumper over a red long-sleeved shirt. Taking her scarf along as well, Rose hoped she would be warm enough, Rose picked up her brown leather shoulder bag and headed to the Entrance Hall.

She looked around, and realising Scorpius wasn't there yet, walked over to her friends.
"Looking forward to your date with lover boy?" Chelsea asked mockingly.

"Oh shut up!" Rose said playfully giving her a friendly punch in the shoulder.

"Ooh. Is that him now?" Amelia asked.

Rose turned to see Scorpius walking down the Grand Staircase, wearing black jeans and a woollen, grey overcoat. Rose walked over to him, ignoring the various mocking oooh's from her friends.

"Hey Rose. You look nice." Scorpius said when he spotted her. "I was thinking we could go to the Three Broomsticks for a bit, then just look around, maybe even head over to the Shrieking Shack. It snowed yesterday so hopefully they'll be enough snow to have a snowball fight or something."

"Sounds great!" She said, smiling at him.

"Alright let's go!" the supervising staff member announced. With that, the students set off for Hogsmeade.