The Skeleton Brothers (Again)

After what felt like ages of hugging, you let go of Sans. He led you, Frisk, and Chara through the bridge and told you to hide. You hid behind the sentry station with Chara and Frisk stood behind the lamp.

"Hello brother!" Papyrus's voice said. You smiled hearing the cheerful skeleton's voice once again. Then you remembered what Tyson made you do to him. You looked down, sadness washing over you like waves on a beach.

"'Sup bro," Sans said.

"You know what's sup Sans! It's been two weeks and you still have not calibrated your puzzles! What do you even do all day at this station of yours besides boondoggle and piddle with that ketchup of yours!" Papyrus said. You remembered all the ways Papyrus would say these lines. It seemed to change slightly each few timelines.

"Well, I look at this lamp. It seems interesting. Otherwise I'm just napping, like I normally do. Hey, maybe you should check out the lamp too!" Sans said. You stifled a light giggle.

"Ugh! Sans I don't have time for this foolishness! What if a human comes through! I must capture a human! I must! I have to impress Undyne so I can get into the royal guard once and for all! I will be so popular, Sans! So popular that everyone will wish to be my friend! I will bathe in a shower of kisses every morning!" Papyrus said. Chara looked at you.

"Heh, we got 3 humans here. When Paps finds us, he'll have a field day!" She whispered. You nodded, a smile of both of your faces.

"Sounds nice, bro, but I seriously think you could take just one moment to look at this lamp. It may really help you," Sans said. Papyrus groaned.

"Sometimes, I wonder why someone as great as I has to put up with such laziness," Papyrus said.

"Aw come on! I've gotten a ton of work done today!"

"Sans I know what you're going to say, so please don't," Papyrus said.

"A skeleton!" Sans said, ignoring Papyrus's statement.

"SANS OH MY GOD! STOP WITH THESE PUNS!" Papyrus yelled. You were trying so hard not to laugh. Chara tried to keep you from blowing your cover.

"I am leaving! I have to recalibrate my puzzles anyways! As for your work...put a little more backbone into it!"

"Eh? Eh!" Sans said. Papyrus processed what he just said.

"CURSE THESE TERRIBLE PUNS! FOR THEY HAVE PLAGUED MY LIFE!" Papyrus yelled as he stormed away, gloved hands in the air in frustration.

"Heh, okay guys, you all can come out now," Sans said. The laugh you've been holding in came out as you fell into the cold snow. Chara laughed with you and Frisk just looked at the two of you. Sans grinned.

You stopped laughing and went up to Sans.

"Those puns...are amazing!" You said. Sans grinned.

"Well, I wouldn't wanna fibula by saying that that laugh of yours is anything but adorable," he said. You giggled.

"Oh that isn't the only adorable thing here, bone boy!" You said.

"And what or who would that be?"

"Me!" You joked. Sans lightly punched your arm.

"Shaddup!" He said. You laughed with him.

It was moments like this that you really enjoyed having with Sans. It was nice, a distraction from the chaos of Undyne and the antics of Mettaton. Even the hardships and difficulties of modern life on the surface are no match for these wonderful moments with Sans!