Chapter 32- Getting A Job?

Brendon wrapped up at the clinic, tidying his work space ready for the next day. I sat in the dentist chair playing Candy Crush waiting for him to finish. He took a while but eventually finished up. We linked arms and wandered out of the office and into Brendon's car.
Whilst on the way home Brendon began a very serious conversation with me.
"Hey Lola" he said. "I noticed how intrigued you looked when I was checking your brothers teeth."
I had no idea where he was going with this, but I continued to pay close attention never the less.
"I had a thought."
"That's dangerous" I joked, causing him to smile in an annoyed, sarcastic way.
"Anyway.." he continued, "I was wondering if you'd perhaps like to become my dental assistant?"
These words. This question. It all rushed through my mind. A few days ago I was petrified of the dentist. Now me, becoming a dental assistant? I wasn't too sure!
"But Brendon, I'm scared of the dentist" I reminded him.
"No you're not. Well, not anymore at least." He was telling me this, not joking around. "Lola it will be good. I'll give you the training myself. Besides, all you'll need to do is pass me the appropriate tools and comfort the patient. Easy as that! So what do you say?" I saw him smile in my direction.
I sighed.
"Sure, I'll give it a try" I said rolling my eyes.
"Great, your first day starts tomorrow by the way!"
Brendon saw the shock on my face and began to giggle.
"We'll get into work early and I'll show you the ropes. Besides, tomorrow is a child only day. The parents leave their kids with us and we check and fix their teeth."
It didn't sound too bad.
"Lola. I forgot to mention. My patients are usually below the age of 20 anyway, so their teeth usually aren't too bad. Apparently I'm good with children" he grinned, showing off his pearly whites as if ready to eat a child.
I laughed at him and gave him a playful punch.
Tomorrow would be an interesting day...