Chapter 45

Chapter 45

~Lexi~

My jaw dropped, I felt like crying not only because the guy I love had just found out he was going to be a father at seventeen but also at the look of pure shock on his face. Noah was utterly speechless, he didn’t know what to say.

“Mr. Finley?” The doctor asked waving his hand “Please don’t pass out I haven’t even said who the father is yet.”

“What?” We all said at the same time.

Riley gave the doctor a strange look “What do you mean? You just said ‘The father of this baby is’ then you made like a huge pause before you said Noah Finley.”

Everyone nodded agreeing, was this doctor delusional? The doctor took a deep breath “Oh you all are mistaken, I was about to say the father when I realized I don’t know which guy is which. I need to know what blood type you two have.” He spoke pointing between Noah and Jacob.

Noah and Jacob both looked like they were about to murder the man. Noah sighed “I have Blood type B.”

“And I have Blood type AB.” Jacob answered.

The doctor looked back down at his clipboard before he smiled “Congratulations Riley and Jacob, you two will make wonderful parents to this child.”

Jacob’s jaw dropped while the doctor walked away. “I’m going to be a father?” He spoke softly in pure shock.

Riley looked at Noah and gave a small smile “You got your answer Noah, you don’t have to do anything now.” She mumbled, Riley looked at Jacob and forced a smile “Can we talk about this?”

He nodded following after her. I watched them walk away and smiled slightly, I knew Jacob would make a great dad he was already a great guy. I looked over to see Noah slumped over in a chair.

I took a deep breath before I walked over to him.

~Noah~

I had my face in my hands; my mind was blown away by what just happened. I couldn’t believe this, I just couldn’t. I was still me; I can do as I pleased as if none of this ever happened because I’m not the father.

Jacob is…

My best friend, I can go out partying, drinking, sleeping around but Jacob can’t, not anymore. I used to think that it wouldn’t matter if you had a kid of not but now I realize that it does. I was so close to being the father.

I felt the chair next to me dip and caught sight of Lexi looking down at me. I took a deep breath but didn’t say anything, what was there to say?

“How are you feeling?” She asked.

I sighed “Like complete crap.” I was being honest, I was horrible and I was a jerk.

“Why do you feel like that?”

I looked into her hazel eyes “I’m a jerk; I’ve always been a jerk. I was just told I’m not the father of an unborn child.”

Lexi gave me a confused look “Aren’t you happy about that?”

I sighed “I am.” I stared out ahead “I am it’s just that this reason I even got into this situation was because I let all of my problems affect me. I sleep around as an escape, it’s only now that I realize how wrong that is. I could have been the one talking to Riley about what we should do with the baby. I could be the one telling my parents, disappointing them for the rest of their lives. But for some reason god decided to spare me and make Jacob the father instead. I don’t understand why, I was awful, I was terrible to all of those girls whose hearts I broke and I was awful to Riley when she told me I could be the father. She may have lied to me but I had no right to act the way I did. And to you and Jacob, I shouldn’t have acted that way. From now on I need to change.”