Chapter 12

Hide's POV
Who knows how much time has passed since I've been here. It seems like it's been at least weeks but time does go by slow when all your doing is being tricked into little tests while people in lab coats watch you...

I thought they were going to keep me here until I went crazy and starved myself but that didn't happen. I woke up one morning with food next to me. It wasn't the first time I had woken up with something new in the room.

Once it was something closer to a cushion than a bed, but something to sleep on none the less. It had a thin blanket atop and a small pillow. However... It was much better than the floor.

Anyways who knows what that food was, I highly doubted it was a human. What kind of beasts would feed me some of their own kind. Perhaps it was a ghoul, it did taste slightly different but I couldn't tell if that meant it was not human, after all every human tasted different and I had never tried eating a ghoul before.

*Flashback*
I watched as Kaneki ripped through Jason's skin violently knawing off his meat to the bone. Blood splattered across his face and I tried not to throw up although I was gagging and whatever might have been left in my stomach threatened to leave. There was a lump in my throat I couldn't swallow and a burning sensation filled my nose and eyes.

I wanted to cry and just let it out I really did but I tried so hard to hold it back. I knew he was a ghoul, I knew he ate people, I knew I was now one of these things. I say things because I don't knowbwhat else to call them, ghouls aren't monsters however they might seem to be. I knew they couldn't help who they were. But I could, I chose to be like this.
*End of Flashback*

"But he ate a ghoul," I thought.
"I miss him.." I said this time aloud.
"I MISS HIM" I repeated louder as I punched the cushioned white walls, which relieved none of my anger.
Out of frustration I punched myself in the leg, hard. Surely that would leave a bruise.

"I just miss you Kaneki... So damn much," I mumbled and I sank to the floor. I wasn't usually the typebto get angry, in fact this was a rather new thing. It's crazy what love does to you, I swear.

I've had no contact to anyone in weeks, scientists would say things over intercoms and give me notes or play audio of Kaneki or my parents screaming, but that was it. All these little things, little tests. But for what I had no clue. They tested my reactions and wrote them down. They were always scribbling away over there and it wasn't often that know one was watching me.

Although even then I knew there must be cameras somewhere. Even though I knew that I still used those rare times to cry and let out my outbursts of anger.

Next to the food was a paper and written on it in nice black letters was, "today is special"
Who knows what that means after all these people were always lying to me.

And now I'm sitting here waiting, it seems like thats all I ever can do. Just sit and wait. Wait for what? I don't know.

After a while I started to hear a soft ticking noise, I wasn't sure if it was in my head or actually there. About ten minutes into the ticking ot became louder and faster. It was driving me  insane. I wanted to cry just because of a ticking noise, how pathetic is that?!

Hours have gone by now and it turned into such a fast loud tick that it was almost like one continuous noise. And I was screaming. I didn't know what else to do this noise was driving me  completely insane. I wanted to rip off my ears and stab my ear drums until I was completely def. Anything would be better than this obnoxious sound.

And then it just stopped, everything became silent. Of course this was  what I was used to, right? I actually wasn't sure if there was usually some sort of backround sound because rigjt now it felt too quiet.

Actually it seemed horribly quiet, was it just because that ticking caused such an awful racket and now compared to that it was far too quiet. I wasn't sure and I didn't care, but strangely I wanted that noise back. I wanted some sort of noise, I'd rather it not be that ticking but something none the less.

I tried to imagine the sounds of ocean waves crashing onto the shore or something of the sort. Too loud too quiet damn I  nust couldn't make up my mind could I?

"I'm acting lile a moody bitch on my period," I muttered. I looked forward at the glass realizing that since I was given food, there hadn't been any scientists watching me.

"What kind of sick joke are you people playing on me!!!"

This was defiantly the longest they hadn't been watching me. Maybe it's because it's night time and I didn't realize, do they leave while I'm sleeping?? I wouldn't be able to tell the time of day, it's not like there's a clock somewhere or a window. 

I ran my fimgers through my golden yellow locks and let out a soft grunt. This was miserable, I didn't know how to escape this place, I didn't know where Kaneki was or if he was in danger. He could be dead for all I know. I let out a deep sigh, I need sleep. Maybe it was night at the moment.

I could have woken up in  the middle of the night?? But it seems like hours had passed when all I could hear was that ticking noise.

Was that meat drugged I feel so nauseated and strange..  Maybe thats why that ticking was driving me insane, that doesn't even make sense though. The ticking must have been because of something else..

My body felt as if it was begging me for sleep. The world began to spin around me and I wanted to throw up. Dizzyness began to over take all of me and I couldn't even stand. I crawled over  to my cushion like bed and pulled the thin blanket over me.

I didn't even remember closing my eyes to sleep but I must of because I awoke, however I couldn't see anything. I thought I felt something over my eyes, sorta like a blindfold. I tried reaching up to take it off out of instinct... But my arms were bound down.

A/N
I'm sooooo sorry I haven't been updating, I have the next few chapters written out though and I will update those weekly if not twice a week throughout the summer. Which for me just started. However I have a very short summer this year and have only about a month before I go back to school. Thank you guys soo much for leaving comments and voting on the story it means a lot, and don't be afriad to message me and remind me to update because I'm a busy person and I forget from time to time.. Anyways thanks soo much for reading!! <3

Update
Let me know if this chapter previously said 'something someone'
I don't know why it said that, a glitch that I had wrote that and maybe it got published instead of the chapter it might just be the fact that I'm on vacation and the service is crazy either way I reupdated it soo if the chapter wasn't there before, it is now