Chapter 4

Kaneki's POV

I woke with familiar arms around my hips. I didn't want to move. It just felt so perfect... so right. I closed my eyes but I was still awake just enjoying the feeling of Hide's arms around me. I kinda felt like a perv but them again he was the one who wanted to sleep with me. He said later that it was for protection.

I wasn't sure if he liked me back, but it seemed like a possibility. I shook the thought from my mind. It didn't matter I can't be with him. Last night was a perfect example about how dangerous it was for me to be around him all the time.

Nishki and Kimi did it were able to be together though and I do recall them having a simular situation where Nishki had to eat Kimi's shoulder.... Why am I even thinking about this.

I'm so stupid Hide doesn't even like me anyway... I'm a guy why would he like a guy. Didn't Hide think Touka was hot. Maybe I could kill Touka... WAIT WHAT THE FUCK AM I THINKING ABOUT.

I felt the body next to me shift as if he was about to wake up and realizing I had opened my eyes back up I shut them, but only after getting a glimpse of Hide smile in his sleep before waking up.

He must have woken up and realized that his arms were around my because he ripped them off quickly.
"I'm sorry Kaneki," I heard him mutter, "I guess even when I'm sleeping I can't hold back my feelings."

Wait did that mean he.... no there's no way he had to mean something else, but what else was there for him to mean. I softly opened my eye lids as if I was just waking up.

"Oh I'm sorry Kaneki did I wake you!?" He sounded sincerely worried. I let out a quiet chuckle and sat up along with him. "No. I woke up on my own."

"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Well actually.... I woke up before you." His eyes when wide and his cheeks became redder than then ripe tomatoes.
"Did you hear what I-" I cut him off by placing my lips on his. He kissed back. The kiss was to quick for my liking but then again, it was our first kiss together. I got to see that smile again.

Man I'd do anything for that smile. I brought my hand to his face and brushed my fingers lightly over his cheek.
"Hide, would you like to go out today... like on a date." Another smile.
"Yes!"
"How about to the bookstore."
"Kanekiiii." He whined.
"I'm just messing with you, do you want to go ice skating." Hide laughed and gave me a hug while saying, "Yeah that sounds cool with me."

Hide got up and didn't bother with clothes, even though we were both in only our boxers. He helped me out of bed using his hurt arm, barley even flinching. Man he's tough.

He didn't make breakfast instead just coffee. "Hide I haven't seen you eat since lunch yesterday, you should really eat something."
"I'm fine."
"Hide. Eat."
"Fine," he said giving in and smiling.
The coffee he made was indeed good just as it was yesterday. All Hide had was cereal but he ate it down fast as if he was really hungry.

"Hide I don't want you to be starving yourself just so you can make sure I have what I need. It seems like you have been doing that latley."
"I'm sorry Kaneki."

He got up and grabbed my eye patch from where I had discarded it earlier.
"Thank you," I said as he put it on for me.
"Doesn't it get annoying only using one eye all the time."
"I guess I have to deal with it," I muttered.

We walked out the door and Hide grabbed my hand. I didn't move my hand away but just asked, "what if people see us, we are both guys."
"As if I'm not aware that I'm a guy," he said smiling. Typical Hide not caring what other thought.

I realized he had left his headphones at his house. He didn't usually do that. Just as I thought about that he took out ear buds and put one into my ear and the other into his. "I know your not much of a music person, but I think you might want to get used to listening to it a lot," he said as he giggled.

I leaned my head onto his shoulder as we continued to walk to the roller skating rink that wasn't far from Hide's apartment.

A/N
Thanks again to the few people who are reading this story!
Anyway Happy Halloween!