Chapter 10

Kaneki's POV

My body shifted as I opened my eyes they immediately turned into squinted slots as I tried to read the time on the alarm clock. My vision finally adjusted and I read the 4:34.

Why did I have to wake up so early? I was never the type of person to wake up early and then be able to fall back asleep easily. I pushed myself off the bed and kissed Hide on the forehead before getting up all the way. I could tell by his reaction that he wasn't actually asleep.

"I can tell your not actually asleep Hide," I muttered. He opened his eyes and looked up at me and gave me that bright gorgeous smile, "Am I really that bad at acting?" I just gave him small smile and a slight chuckle.

"Where are you going anyways you know it's like 4:30 in the morning right?" Hide asked just as curious as ever.

"I was just going to take a walk, it's hard to fall back asleep after you wake up so early, you know?"

"Well could I at least come with?" As much as I loved and needed him I also needed some alone time, I needed to think things through.

"No actually I'd like some alone time, if that's okay with you."
I could see a flash of hurt on his face for a second but then it was gone and he was smiling.

"Of course Kaneki everyone needs some time to themselves, just please don't get hurt."

After that I got dressed and went up to Hide, I put my arms around his neck and whispered into his ear, "Do you want me to get us food while I'm out?"

Hide's face tensed up at the thought of me killing an inoccent person. He knew that it had been about a month sense he had turned into a ghoul and I ate Jason.

I surely was a different person than before and eating the victims of suicide doesn't seem like what I want.

It's not fresh enough, like since I've changed so has my desire for what I want to eat. It was a little unsettling that I had such a need to kill and eat someone and just by looking at Hide I knew he had seen the look in my eye.

The look of hunger, the look of wanting to kill someone just to eat.

Words wouldn't form, his mouth was open buy he couldn't speak. Finally a sound came out more of a squeak before he managed words, "D-dont get- Don't get yourself k-k-" I cut off his extreme studdering with a soft kiss to the lips before breaking the kiss and grabbing my mask.

I flashed him a smile buy his expression was like a statue, set in stone unable to change.

The outside air was a little cool with a slight breeze, bright orange and red leaves fell from the trees slowly drifting to the ground representing the end of summer.

The streets were quiet with no cars driving on the street. The only sign that humans even still existed was a flickering street lamp.

I didn't really want to break into someone's house so I decided to walk the streets until I found a foolish person who was outside at this hour. Sooner or later I found someone sitting in front of an apartment smoking a cigarette he seemed to be about the same age as me, early twenties of perhaps younger.

I made it quick and I made it sneaky the last thing I wanted was to cause commotion. I released my Kagune and stuck it through his chest in a flash. There was only a look of pure horror in his eyes for a second and then he became emotionless, cold, dead.

I put his body in a bag and hurried back to Hide before he got worried.

- - -