Chapter 21 - No more lies.

His molten chocolate like orbs were filled with love as he spoke ''Together?''
''Forever'' The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

Manik gave a satisfied smile and I suddenly realized what I had done.
''Oh no. I.. Mistake.'' I stammered and ran back to our house, my heart thudding loudly.
How could I lose control like that? Damn it. I'm such an idiot. I kissed him?!

Thankfully, he did not follow me back. Though what I did put me in a messier situation, somewhere deep in my heart, that blissful moment and the effect of the kiss we shared warmed my core.

----------
Next Day - SPACE jam room

''I don't know the reason, but Soha has quit the task of a band manager. Though she has gone, I want all of you to stick to the schedule she had given you yesterday'' Raghav sir announced to us and Fab 5.

Manik raised his eyebrows at me and gave a lopsided smile, making me recall how I had called him my boyfriend last night and succeeded in making Soha run away. I looked away, trying hard not to smile at his childish gleeful expressions.

All of us nodded and departed to seperate empty rooms where we could begin our practise sessions. Navya excused herself to visit the washroom, leaving me alone with Harshad. As soon as he left, Harshad darted towards me and grabbed me by my waist.
''Harshad, leave me. Yeh tum kya kar rahe ho?'' I panicked.

''Honey, why do you keep on avoiding me? You aren't my girlfriend for name-sake, tumhe woh sab kuch karna padega jo ek couple ke beech mein hota hai'' He said with a wicked smile and dipped his head close intending to kiss me. I flinched and turned my head away, struggling to escape his hold.

''Abhi nahi please.. I need time to get used to all this'' I begged, half-sobbing.
Harshad tightened his hold around me
''Manik ke saath toh tum itni free thi. Just imagine I am him'' He responded, looking directly into my eyes.
I wanted to scream right back at him. YOU can NEVER take Manik's place!! NO ONE can.

''Guys practise shuru karein?'' Navya's voice made Harshad's hold loosen. I sighed gratefully. She had saved me yet again.

-----------

After some hours of practise, we had a lunch break. Harshad had some work for which he left college and Navya went to the canteen to get something to eat. I just stayed behind, because I had no other work neither was I hungry. I was fidgeting with my mike's positioning, my back towards the door when I heard gentle footsteps behind me. Before I could look around, a strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

Strangely, I didn't panic nor did I resist the hug. I knew it was Manik. His warm touch and musky scent was very familiar to me by now and I inadvertently relaxed into the hug, placing my own hands softly on his and pushing my back deeper into his chest. This is where I belong. His arms.

''I still can't get over that amazing kiss we shared last night'' he whispered huskily into my ear. Though his tone made my stomach clench in excitement, it also made me aware of the position we were in. Can't make the same mistake again.

I immediately pushed back his arms and turned around to face him.
''Manik, I clearly told you last night that the kiss was a mistake. Why do you keep coming close to me? Leave me alone. Its only Harshad I love.'' I yelled at him, though it made my heart ache beyond imagination.

Anger settled in his eyes and it was then I knew that the limit to his tolerance was finally over. He grabbed my arms, digging his fingers into the soft skin and spoke to me within clenched teeth, his voice laced with fury and pain ''If you love Harshad so much, let me tell you something about him. Once you are done listening to me, you will instantly want to break up with your oh-so-amazing boy-friend''.