Chapter 19 - Eternal Tie

Nandini's POV

''Guys, When I said I've found the love of my life, I did NOT mean Manik Malhotra. I meant.. Harshad Saxena.''

The pindrop silence in the room after my statement made me inwardly shudder but I managed to maintain my composure. I have to finish what I started.
I held out my hand towards Harshad, who was smirking victoriously now.

''Harshad, can you please take me home? I'm tired of this crap''.
I wouldn't be able to hold myself together if I stay here a moment longer.

''Ofcourse baby'' Harshad stressed purposely on the word 'baby' and taking my stretched out arm in his hand, led me away. I hadn't looked back at Manik's face, because I knew if I did, I would break down right there.

''Nandini...'' A low shaking voice arose as I was about to step out the door. His voice. It felt like a stab at my already broken heart but I couldn't stop now. I limped faster and left the house. I hate myself . I hate my fate.

Harshad broke into a laugh as soon we entered my bedroom ''Tum ne Manik ka chehra dekha? 440 volt ka jhatka laga bechaare ko.. You did such a good job...''
''Leave my room this very minute'' I spoke each word clearly and firmly, not able to bear his revolting presence anymore as I weakly pushed away his hand. He chuckled but backed off, saying ''See you soon Girl-friend'' as he left my room.

As soon as he left, I dropped onto the floor, not caring how my injured legs hurt under my body weight. My heart was hurting worse. I began wailing like a child. He must have been so shattered. All because of me. He had such a beautiful smile on his face when he was confessing, and now I'll only be the reason behind his tears.

Each word of his beautiful confession replayed on my mind, and I wept harder, my body shaking like a leaf. I was supposed to be his shining star, but I only pushed him back into the darkness. I wish I had died in that fire yesterday. I wish I hadn't lived to see and hear what Harshad had to say.

Flashback:

''You are disgusting Harshad Saxena. You don't own me and I will never be yours.. Because I love Manik Malhotra. I am his and he is mine''. I had rebuked Harshad after he had proclaimed his love for me even as I lay bandaged on the hospital bed.

Harshad had only laughed and whipped out his phone, saying ''You have no choice, beautiful''.

On the phone's screen was a video clip of me, undressing in my bedroom. A gasp escaped my throat, and my cheeks starting burning in humiliation as I peeled off my clothes in the clip.

''W-when..'' I stammered, not able to speak. My throat had gone dry and my stomach churned painfully. He completed the question on my behalf in a mocking tone ''When did I take this?''
I didn't nod. My mind had become blank.

''On one of our Musicana practise sessions, I had slipped in your bedroom and put in a handy little secret cam. Infact, this is not the only video I have.. There are several others.'' He replied, with an evil glint in his eyes. I immediately tried grabbing the phone from his hand, but he withdrew his arm just in time and I missed it.

''No Use of trying to destroy my phone now. I have backup on my laptop'' He jeered at me.

The blankness of my mind was now replaced by red hot rage. He laughed again, looking at my nostrils flare out and my chest heave as I seethed in anger. ''Calm down darling. I only did this because I love you and want you to be mine.''