Chapter 10- Icecream with the Stars

Manik's POV(cont..)

' Am I really in love? '
Manik immediately reprimanded himself - 'Kya soch raha hai Manik? Yeh Mukti aur Cabir ne na tere dimaag me sab nonsense bhar rakha hai.. Ofcourse I'm not in love.'

As he parked his car, new questions arose in his mind, confusing him all the more -'Then, why is it that I can't see her suffer? Why does my ruthless side not come out infront of her? Why am I willing to do anything to earn her apology?- I haven't done this for anyone until now.What are all these damned feelings arising in me?!'

Manik shook off his thoughts. He just didn't know how to deal with these confusing emotions. He took a deep breath, and decided to take a long, warm bath to clear his mind and go to sleep immediately, so he wouldn't need to answer these questions that his mind kept asking.

---------

Murthy Mansion

Creamy, rich and indulgent Chocolate Ice-cream melted in her mouth. The luxurious, cold sensation on her tongue made her feel so happy and satisfied.

Nandini woke up, drooling and craving ice-cream badly. She looked at the time in her bed-side clock - It was 2:00 in the night. ''Aah.. Damn This PMS!'' She sighed. Nandini always had chocolate/ice-cream cravings during this time.

Fortunately, she had anticipated this and had bought and kept a tub of ice-cream in the freezer before-hand. She tip-toed down to the kitchen, and opening the freezer, took the ice-cream tub in her hands happily. She opened the lid, and groaned - It was empty!
Yeh Rishabh ka hi kaam hoga, meri saari ice-cream kha gaya. And If I don't get ice-cream now,mujhe puri raat neend nahi aane wali hai. I just want it!!.

Nandini thought for a while and suddenly an idea struck her mind. It's a little crazy idea, but anything to satisfy this terrible craving - she shrugged, and noiselessly slipped out the door.

----------

Manik's face was a picture of annoyance and irritation as he went up the door groaning and mumbling to himself  ''Yeh mere doston ko bhi na .. Time ka koyi sense hi nahi hai! Aaj itney dino baad main jaldi sone gaya, aur yeh log phir bhi mujhe chain se sone nahi denge.''

He opened the door and gasped. ''Nandini? Tum ... Iss waqt?'' He asked her.

Nandini pushed him aside and came in, quickly closing the door behind her.

''Kya huwa? Rishabh theek hai na?'' Manik asked in concern.

''Rishabh ko kuch nahi huwa hai.. Woh Mujhe ice-cream chahiye thi. Isliye aayi hoon..'' Nandini responded nonchalantly.

''Kya?'' Manik asked, bewildered - ''Tum pagal ho gayi ho? Ice-cream? Woh bhi iss waqt?!''.

''Tum questions mat pucho..I just want ice-cream..please, Manik'' Nandini begged.

''Listen, tum ice-cream kal khaa lena.. Abhi I'm very sleepy. So, please leave'' Manik said and tried pushing her out.

''Wait, Manik... Remember, you told me you were willing to do anything for my apology earlier?'' Nandini reminded him, smiling evilly.