Chapter 9 - Anything For You

Nandini shyly placed her hand on Manik's shoulder and he, still looking a little surprised , slid his hand around her slim waist, capturing her other palm with his free hand.

The lovely BG tune of the song started, and the spotlight fell on them.

Manik pulled Nandini by her waist and whispered gently in her ear, his warm breath fanning her face ''So.. You wanna make peace with me Miss Murthy?''

''Oh please, I only selected you because I felt safe with you'' Nandini blurted, her heart thudding because of their proximity, and immediately blushed.
Manik smiled inwardly at her statement, and was about say something when suddenly, the song began, cutting him off..

Hua hai Aaj Pehli baar
Jo aise muskuraya hoon..
Tumhe dekha toh jaana ye
Ke kyun duniya mein aaya hoon

Manik - felt himself getting lost in the entrancing beauty of the girl in his arms. The jet black colour of her pretty dress just emphasised her fairness. It ended at her thighs, and showed off her smooth, shapely legs. Her features were just perfect to him - that cute nose, her chubby cheeks and her pouty, pink bow-shaped lips.

But his favourite feature were her eyes - they reflected her innocence and twinkled like his beloved stars. He felt a sense of peace and happiness looking into her eyes, she was beautiful inside-out. And indeed, each time he looked at her, for some reason he felt like she belonged to only him.

Both Manik and Nandini moved in perfect synchrony, their bodies swaying along the tune .

Ye Jaan Lekar Ke Jaan Meri
Tumhe Jeene Mein Aaya hoon..
Main Tumse Ishq karne ki
Ijaazat Rab se Laaya Hoon

Nandini gazed at the utterly handsome Greek God holding her and felt so safe and secure in his strong, muscular arms. He handled her with so much care, like she was a delicate doll. She even forgot how uncomfortable she was in the dress. She just admired him - He had a sharp jawline and his features were purely flawless - from that long, straight nose to that adorable mole just above his lips.

She liked his eyes the best though, they were almond - shaped and had such intensity and passion in them that she felt like she could get lost in them happily forever.

Zameen se asmaan tak hum
Dhoondh aaye jahan saara..
Bana Paya Nahi Ab Tak
Khuda tumse koyi pyaara

Manik twirled Nandini, and as he pulled her back, his hand fell on to the bare skin of her back , her dress being backless. She immediately felt a spark run through her, making her shudder under his cool touch. Manik slowly moved his long fingers back to her waist, caressing the silky warmth of her back, feeling amused at her reaction. He then lifted her above, and twirled once more, their eyes not loosing contact.

Main likh doon Asmaan par yeh
Ke Padh lega jahaan saara..
Huaa na hoga ab koyi
Yahan hum do sa dobara

As Manik bought her down to end the dance, he felt an intense desire to just claim her by pressing his lips on hers. Nandini too melted under his powerful gaze and closed her eyes in anticipation of the kiss.

Loud cheering, clapping and hooting bought them back to reality. The song had ended and all eyes were on them. Nandini blushed and Manik gently helped her up again.

''Chemistry ho toh aisi..Aag laga di tum dono ney...what say Mukti?'' Cabir teased, coming up to the duo, the other three following.