Love at First Fight [An Arranged Marriage] 10

Start from the beginning

"It's okay I guess. He's really nice and even though I don't want to be forced into marrying him, I'm glad it is him that I have to go through it for. We're just taking it slow right now, I've only kissed him twice.," I said slowly. She nodded in satisfaction. "Well, I'm glad, for both of you, and it's good to be taking it slow. Especially after what happened wit-" She cut herself off immediately. Oh... so it's a bad girlfriend that hurt him. No wonder he doesn't want to get too close.

I didn't get to ask her for more info because Jason came back. "Here you go," He said as he handed me my water. "Thanks." He passed around everyone elses and then took a sip of his own drink; Gatorade. "Eww, you like that stuff?," I said, scruntching my nose. He looked at me for a second then smiled. "Yes, I do. Is there a problem with that?" I caught on, repling playfully," Ewww... yes I do have a problem with that. It's gross." He took the bottle and came right next to my face and started drinking from it.

"Eww! Gross! Get it out of my face," I shrieked and pushed him away. Apparently, I pushed a little too hard..... When I pushed him he was still drinking from the bottle so it spilt all over him. I tried to stifle my laugh but Andrea and Nicole started to laugh and I couldn't help it. I was laughing so hard my stomach started to hurt.

"Karli?," Jason said calm and slow, looking down. "Yes?," I said still giggling. "You might want to start running now." I stopped giggling and looked at him; he wasn't joking. "Eeek!!" I bolted up and ran in the opposite direction of our group. It was hard to run in the sand though so I took off my shoes and bolted down to the sealine. I could hear Jason running behind me. "Where do you think you're going?!" I heard him shout at me. "Away from from you!!!" And I ran even faster. But I was no match for Jason, he was too quick. He grabbed me from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me up as he twirled me around. "Ah! Jason stop!!," I shrieked. He then fell down, me tumbling with him. He got on top of me and locked me into place, hands around my wrists. You could see the stain on his shirt from the Gatorade. I tried to wiggle my way out of his grasp but he was too strong.

"Don't ever do that again," Jason said slowly but with a hint of amusement. I gave him the sweetest look I could conjure. "Do what?" He laughed and loosened his grip on me. "Your too cute.," Jason laughed out. I shrugged and smiled. "Your just going to have to live with that." He leaned down and gave me a sweet peck on the lips. "I think I can make it.," He said. I laughed and sat up when he got off of me. "Good."

We headed back over to the guys and sat in our seats. I took another drink of water and in the corner of my eye I saw Jason watching me. "Do you want some.... since I kinda spilt yours?" I asked him. He automatically looked down to his shirt. "Yes, thank you. And you are getting me a new shirt." I just laughed again and handed him my water. I noticed that everyone was looking at us. "What?" Jason looked up too.

I saw Nicole shake her head. "You guys are too cute together. I think this marriage is going to work out just fine." She said with a smile. Everyone else murmered in agreement. I blushed and looked at Jason. I hope so. Jason looked at me too and smiled that oh-so-cute smile of his and my heart fluttered. "What do you think?," I asked him. 

His smile faltered a little bit. "I don't know yet." I shrugged in agreement but my face did sadden a little. He must have seen this because he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me toward him, having me sit on his lap. He put his face in my hair and whispered so only I could hear, "That doesn't mean I don't want it to work." I smiled and wrapped his arms tighter around me, leaning back against him.

"Anyone wanna play a little volleyball?," Alex asked. A big group of "Yea!'s" errupted and everyone started to get up. I began to pull away from Jason to join but he pulled me back, kissed me on the cheek, then let me go. "Come on, lets play!," I said pulling him up. "Do I have to?," He said in a whiney voice. "Yes." I pulled him up all the way and we walked toward where the others were setting up the net. We were split up into teams: Me, Raelynn, Alex, and Nick and then Jason, Nicole, Andrea, and Shane.