Chapter 20 - Learning more

Start from the beginning

"But they didn't. Only because they didn't want to kill him in front of Carl. After, Andrea had-had gotten killed and they just locked him up. But Shane killed him later on. They make bad decisions some times. Yes, they are good people. Well at least some of them are. But the decisions they've made.... could use some help."

I looked up at him shocked. About all of it. Everyone wanting that boy killed. Carl wanting that boy killed. That scared me. Carl is dangerous. But he probably wasn't always like that. He needs some help to get the old him back. The real him.

And I'm gonna do just that.

-----------

"Hey." I say to Sophia as I enter the room her and Carl were in.

"Hi." Sophia sighed from where she was laying on the queen sized bed.

"What?" Carl snapped at me as he sat on the chair next to the bed, his blue gaze lingering on my face.

I roll my eyes at his rudeness before talking. "Are you okay?" I asked Sophia with concern laced in my voice.

I looked over at Carl to see his eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" He replied confused.

After he had said those words with such confusion I couldn't help but facepalm. "You idiot! I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Sophia." I paused before mumbling, "Man, you're stupid."

"Oh..." Was all he said, his cheeks turning blood red out of embarrassment.

I stared at him and suddenly found my lips twitching into a smirk.

Its funny how embarrassed he got.

I chuckled a little before returning serious again and looking at Sophia.

She sighed and sat up. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I just miss her."

"Don't worry, we'll find her. And we'll all help you get through this." I look over at Carl raising my eyebrows at him.

He still has a slight blush but you can't really tell it's there. I mean he used to be as bright as a fire truck, now it just looks like he smeered red lip gloss on his cheeks.

"Yeah we will." Carl says.

She smiles at both of us before tangling each of our hands together with hers. "Thank you. You guys are true friends."

Me and Carl smile at her. Carl looks down probably thinking and I look over at him. I still can't believe he wanted that kid dead. Carl. He didn't seem that bad. It's just so weird.

"Carl. Get out. I need to talk Sophia." I said emotionless.

"Why?"

"No reason."

He looked at me before I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him from the chair. When we reached the middle of the room, he shrugged my grip off and turned around looking me in the eyes. "You're not the boss of me." He snapped, narrowing his eyes at me.