Chapter 7 - Panic (AT THE DISCO! No jk)

A/N Sry I didn't update in like 2 days but my iPod had like broke and then it took me like 2 days to get my dads old iPhone 4 and yeah. So just got it and I'm gonna update two chapters so yeah

Sophia's POV

Hershel and Patricia came in through the door rolling a metal table. Patricia then left to get more supplies. They set it next to the bed and Hershel started barking orders at everyone.

"Okay everybody get the sheets down. Get the IV bag on the sheets." Rick took the IV bag down and placed it on the sheet next to Carl. He then lifted his head up gently and took the pillow. "Okay, on three." Daryl, Hershal, Rick and Lori grabbed the sides of the sheets. "One... Two.... Three." Right after the last word left Hershel's mouth, all four of them lifted Carl up onto the metal surgical table.

Patricia came back inside with a lamp and set it down next to Hershel. She took the lamp cover off and through it on the floor behind her. She then turned on both lightbulbs and walked over to get a tray. She placed the tray next to Carl's legs and took off the green cloth. Inside were a bunch of tools. Hershel took the sharp surgical blade and held it up above Carl's stomach.

"Rick, Lori, Sophia, everyone, you may want to step out." He said putting the blade closer to his stomach. A sob escaped my lips as everything finally started to settle its way into my brain. They don't have the supplies they need and they're still doing the surgery. He could die. He's my best friend, I wouldn't be able to live with that. Why can't they wait?

"But you don't have the right supplies." I said speaking the thoughts that were jumping around in my mind, banging the sides of my head, giving me a killer headache.

"Please Sophia leave." Hershel asked calmly. I looked at him and then at Carl.

He seemed really peaceful but I know he's not. He's in pain. He's pretty much dead. Well atleast thats what it looks like. Pale skin. Eyes rolled to the back of his head. His chest moving up and down slowly. But too slow. Seeing him like this scared me. I don't like it.

"C'mon." Daryl said. I looked at him and felt the warm liquid, that I became to familiar of, roll down my cheeks. I nodded and just as we were about to follow the rest, a noise like tires on dirt interrupted all of our actions. Hershel stopped what he was doing and looked through the window. With squinted eyes, Rick approached the window and looked through. I walked closer to where I was pretty much clinging on to his side and followed his gaze. They're back!! Shane and Otis!! Shane and Otis are back!!

"Guys! They're back!" I screeched. I ran outside into the dark night with the rest following me and went to help Shane. He looked at me happily and showed a small smile but it soon disappeared when Rick stepped towards him. He took the large bags and passed it to Rick who took it quickly and thankfully.

"Carl?" Shane asked. Desperation showing his feared face.

"There's still a chance." Rick said. Rick passed the bag back to Hershel who took it and turned around. He stopped mid way and looked around.

"Otis?" Hershal asked Shane.

"No" Shane whispered so quietly I could barely hear him.

Hershal took a moment before he began speaking. "We say nothing to Patricia. Not till after. I need her!" Hershal finally said and sped into the house. Rick stepped closer and hugged Shane in a comforting and thankful way.

"What happened?" Rick asked a startled Shane. After Rick had asked, panic took over his whole face that was dimly lit by the light coming from the house. Why was he suddenly so panicked?