Chapter 16 - Them

*One Day Later*

Cloe's POV

I've really gotten to know the group. All of them are so nice and caring and they've already excepted me into the group.

Well not all.

Right now we're all sitting in a new house, that we had to move to because of walkers, eating the little food we have left and having small conversations with each other.

I'm sitting next to Sophia and Lori, not talking, just looking around at my new group and nibbling on a granola bar that they had given to me. Looking at them really makes me think about how lucky I am to be here. I'm with an amazing group of survivors who will take care of me. Feed me. Help me if I'm sick. Make sure I don't get bit. Everything really.

In the group there are many people.

There's Rick.

He's the leader. He's strong and I can already tell that he likes to be independent. He can also be really nice. Well he's at least nice to me. It's probably only because I'm a Dixon. Most importantly I'm Daryl's daughter. You don't mess with my dad, let alone a Dixon. If you do they'll kick you're ass. Rick is smart enough to know that.

I wish his son was.

Next there's Lori.

Shes Rick's wife and Carl's mother. She's also a couple months pregnant. I do like Lori but every time I look at her growing stomach, I get a little sick.

That could have been me.

Lori is a really nice women but I can tell she has a lot of stress. I can tell she's really scared too about having the baby. Now that I think about it she seems really depressed. I'm not sure why but I do notice Carl giving her the cold shoulder. Same with Rick. I don't know if she did something wrong or if they're just being assholes but I don't think she really deserves it.

I think I'm gonna ask Sophia about that one.

Speaking of Sophia.

Sophia is really sweet and caring. She can also be really quiet. Meaning she doesn't like to voice her opinion and doesn't really like to talk much at all. Right when I met her she smiled at me and have me a side hug along with a girly squeal. I just chuckled.

She was really happy about having a friend who's a girl her age. Yeah she has a best friend, Carl, but he's not a girl. She has the older women there but I'm the only one her age.

Right when we met, I knew we were gonna be the best of friends. Yeah we may be polar opposites but we're also so much alike, if that makes any sense.

She's a nice girl who never swears and doesn't like to hurt a fly.

And I'm a killer child who never stops cursing and kills every walker in sight.

But at the same time we're both caring and young, meaning we like to talk about boys. We also hate makeup and are not fans of sweets. We prefer fruit and vegetables over sweets any day. Our personalities are so different but our interests and disinterests are so much alike.

I'm glad I found her.

Carol.

The lovely, yet badass, mother of Sophia. I honestly look up to her as a mother too.

She's just got that vibe, you know.

Carol has a somewhat good shot and is not afraid to kill for her loved ones. I've heard from other people of the group that she hasn't always been like that. Apparently she used to be a women who was afraid of her own shadow.