Chapter 17 - Assumptions

A/N Sorry! I published this like 3 times already. Just the first time I accidentally pressed the publish button when I wasn't finished and the second time I forgot to put a title. :\

~

Cloe's POV

We all sat in the red truck, not saying anything just sitting peacefully. It was a six seater so we managed to fit Sophia, Carl, Rick, Lori, Carol and myself into the seats. In the front sat Lori in the passenger seat, Rick driving and Carol in the middle. In the back was me on the right, Sophia in the middle and Carl on the left.

Thank god Sophia's in the middle.

Me and Carl probably would have killed each other after only five minutes. I sit there looking out the window bored out of my mind until Sophia speaks up.

"Hey Cloe? Wanna talk? I'm bored." She groans and I let out a chuckle.

"Same and sure. What about?" I respond.

"I don't know. Maybe....... Your life before the apocalypse?" I smiled at that.

"Sure. So.... I was eleven before the world went to shit." Sophia giggles at my use of language. "I had a pretty good life. Got good grades in school. I had cool teachers. I had amazing friends. Most of them actually reminds me of you, Sophia." I gave her a smile which she returned. "But when I was seven my parents got a divorce and my mom moved out. I got to see her every like two weeks or so but only for a week. At first I thought it was really shitty but then I got used to it and it wasn't that bad. But ever since that happened I was kinda a bitch to people." I laughed lightly.

"Oops." Sophia started to quietly laugh.

"I'm sorry about you're parents getting divorced." Sophia said after she had stopped laughing. "Do- Do you know where your mom is today?" She asked gently and quietly.

"No." I said sadly looking down. She didn't say anything just gave me a side hug. I hugged back and smiled. "I am so glad I found you Sophia. You're so nice!" Sophia pulled away and showed that her lips were pulled into a smile.

"You are too, Cloe. And I don't know what I would do if we didn't find you." Sophia says.

I leaned into her ear. "Actually I found Carl." I pulled away and we started laughing, except not quietly anymore. Everyone in the truck looked at us and either gave us weird looks or smiled.

I'm guessing you could guess which one Carl was doing.

"What's so funny?" Rick asked smiling.

"I was telling Cloe how I was glad we found her but she said that she actually found Carl." Sophia said still laughing and I realized how stupid we probably look.

It's not even that funny. We're just idiots.

"You didn't find me." Carl scoffed.

I stopped laughing and peered around Sophia to look at him. "Yes I did."

"No. You just pushed me against a wall and held a knife to my throat." Me and Sophia laughed at that.

"Oh right.... Sorry about that." I said putting finger quotes on sorry. Carl scoffed some more and gave me a glare.

"Man why can't you guys get along?" Lori asked from the front seat.

"I don't know, but it's definitely not my fault." I said.

"Yes it is!" Carl fought.

"Really. Okay what did I do then?" I asked raising my eyebrows and crossing my arms.