Chapter 20 - Learning more

A/N Sry it's been a while since I've updated. I had writers block. Also I got a message from someone asking if they could have my profile pic so I decided to just put it in my chapter and tag them. But I kinda lost the message and the profile who wanted it so I can't tag u. (Where ever u r) I'm sry. But theres the pic anyways.

~

Cloe's POV

"You didn't find her?" Dale asked as we opened the door to the house.

Him and Lori looked at all of us with hope glistening in their eyes. After a couple seconds Sophia walked upstairs, all of our attention falling to her, as she sighed and thumped up the steps. Dale and Lori looked down while Carl went after her.

I shook my head. "No. We didn't."

I walked over to where Dale was sitting on the couch and sat beside him, his head turning to me with sorrow and sadness clear in his dark brown eyes.

Were they always that dark?

He took off his hat and scratched his white hair before putting it back on and looking around at the group with his usual wide eye stair.

"Can't believe it. You actually didn't find her?" He asked quietly and slowly before looking at me then switching his gaze back to the desperate, scattering group.

I sighed a long, sad breath coming out and pushing some strands of hair out of my face. "No. We looked awhile. But.... All we found was her headwrap."

"They're gonna keep looking right? They gotta?"

Why does he have so much doubt in this group.

"Yeah?.... Why wouldn't they?" I asked raising my eyebrows at his disbelief.

"I- Th- I was just wondering." He said softly.

"Dale?" He looked over at me. "Do you not trust the group?"

"No! No! I do! It's just.... I don't trust some of their decisions. Especially with Shane involved."

What? What's wrong with their decisions?

"Why? Did they do something?"

"They just had made some decisions that were very poor and inhuman."

That kinda scared me.

Inhuman? Like.... what does he mean by inhuman?

"What do you mean by inhuman?" I asked, voicing my thoughts.

"They.... They almost executed a man because they were scared about something he may have not even wanted to commit."

"Did he try something already?"

"Well before they kidnapped him, he was apart of this group that were shooting at Rick, Glenn and Hershel. Walkers had come, they scattered but the boy, who looked to be about eighteen or nineteen, had gotten hurt and his group left him for dead. The group brought him back for no reason and then had started deciding what his fate was gonna be. Most of them wanted him dead. They wanted him dead cause they were scared that if they let him go he would come back, with his group. But... Why would they come back?! They left him to die! They weren't looking for him!" He took a couple of breaths before starting again.

"It was only after a little bit of convincing that I got Andrea to agree with me." He took another pause looking forward, probably thinking about Andrea. "But two against everyone else wasn't gonna matter. So later on they had decided to do it and Andrea had gone for a walk. They were in the barn and they held a gun to his head when Carl came in. He wanted them to do it. To kill him." He looked over at me, sadness in his eyes.