Part 27: The Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I expected this to happen so I am well prepared." Matty fished out something from his backpack and within seconds a huge baby blue folder with papers was thrown on top of your table. Your eyes widened in action along with a few other students who caught attention of the loud noise the folder had made.

"What the hell, Matty." You laughed and opened the book, seeing everything being categorized in alphabetic and by the time you guys had it over the period of your senior year.

"As I said. Well prepared." He smiled down at you and looked up at the blackboard again, his cheeks blushing by your reaction to his well-organized personality.

"So what Meredith just gave to you is a paper with an overview of everything that is going to happen along with the stuff I have written on the blackboard. There isn't much else to say than partner up and start discussing which subject you guys wanna present to the class."

Luke clapped his hands together in action and thanked Meredith when she walked back to her seat next to the desk, smiling politely at her and took a seat down on his own chair. She teasingly stuck her tongue at him for fun, and you furrowed your eyebrows and glared at them for more seconds than necessary.

"Hey..."

Your eyes tore away from the scene in front of you to look at Matty who was trying to get your attention.

"What's wrong? Rage between the student and the teacher? I could see his eyes burn with fire when the school bell ran and you weren't here and seated." He looked at you with furrowed eyebrows and spoke with a quiet voice.

"We just fought... Again." You mumbled and leaned your back against your seat, crossing your arms and glanced between them and Matty. Your fights had become more regularly, it was a sad sight to both watch and experience between the two of you.

"It happens in relationships, doesn't it?" Matty asked casually and opened the folder. You shrugged your shoulder and looked at him with a frown. You hated it. You hated fighting, you hated being a mad person, it wasn't a part of your nature to be mad at someone else. Especially not someone you loved and worth shipped like Luke.

"Come on, give me a smile." He puffed his shoulder into yours, making his curls bounce but he didn't get a reaction from you. "I'll give you my pudding at lunch."

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked up at him oddly, but regardless, a warm smile embraced your face and you couldn't prevent the giggle from escaping your lips. "I don't even like pudding."

"I know, but at least I know how to make you smile." Matty smiled down at you in satisfaction, and wiggled his eyebrows while laughing and pulled you into his side for a hug. You nodded your head agreeing and ran a hand through your hair, the pitch in your stomach being replaced with butterflies.

To survive this class you concluded it would be better to just ignore Luke, let the two of you cool off and solve everything after class. There was no reason having to deal with problems like this right now, besides he was too filled up in his paper work with Meredith to even notice your presence.

"So I was thinking we could do something along like this." Matty browsed through the many papers in his folder, stopping after twenty pages. You nodded your head agreeing when you saw the big letters express trigonometry.

"It's a really easy subject and I know you didn't have difficulty with this when Mr. Harris explained it to us. I know it's over half a year ago since we had it but with a bit of reading and looking past some of our old assignments I assure you will understand everything and we will make a blast of a project."

You nodded your head agreeing to Matty's words, a small yawn escaping your lips. You crossed your arms and rested your cheek on top of them against the table, watching as Matty took the papers out from his folder and made a brainstorm on your notepad.