After putting on a pair of riding pants and my boots, I went down to the car to see that I had a voicemail on my phone. I figured it was Alex so I ignored it and began driving to the barn. I backed out of the driveway and lit a cigarette before turning the radio on to try and calm me down or at least to get my mind off of everything. It wasn't really working but it was something that stopped me from crying.

When I got to the barn, I grabbed my phone and my bag before I headed inside. I walked over to the tack room to put my bag down and grab a lead rope before heading back outside when my phone started ringing. As I walked to the back paddock I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered not recognizing the number.

"Hi is this Rebecca Dawson?" Someone asked

"Yes it is. What can I do for you?" I asked as I leaned against the gate of the paddock.

"My name is Emily Johnson and one of my colleagues sent me your resume. I run an animal photography business and basically my job is to find photographers who enjoy photographing animals. Basically how it works is if someone is looking for a specific photographer or a photographer for a specific animal I give the photographer a call and send them to the client. We've been in need of someone who has experience with photographing horses and I have a feeling you'd be perfect for the job" After the long explanation, I stood there stunned with my mouth hanging open.

"So what does this mean?" I asked still not believing that this was happening. She laughed at my shock making me feel slightly embarrassed.

"It means if you are willing to work for my company we'd love to have you as part of our team." She answered. "If you would like I can give you a few days to give your answer so you can think it over. I'll email you all of the specifics that you need to know about the job to help with your decision."
"I think I'm definitely going to need a few days to think about it but I will get back to you as soon as I make that decision." I answered smiling like a fool.

"Of course. Take your time this is a big decision. Just give me a call when you do"

"Thank you so much. This is the best news I've ever heard in the longest time" I smacked my head realizing I said that out loud.

"I'm glad to hear that" She said chuckling. "I cant wait to get your call again" She said before we said our goodbyes. When I hung up the phone I started jumping around like a mad woman. I hopped the fence and whistled for Lilo to come to me. Her head snapped up and she ran over to me. Once she was in front of me I hooked the lead rope to her halter, led her inside, and hooked her up to the cross ties before I started to groom her.

As I brushed her, I started to think of the phone call. This is what I had been wanting since I got home from school. Hell I've wanted a job like this ever since I started school. People would be buying my photos and trusting me to give them great shots. I knew I had to make up and improve my portfolio to make it presentable for potential clients and I had to tell my mom and Rian once I made my decision. But for right now, my plan was to celebrate by going for a ride.

I went into the tack room to grab my saddle and bridle and when I came out I saw Lisa, Cass, and Anna standing around Lilo. I walked over to them and they all smiled at me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked confused.

"We all had nothing to do today and we figured that we'd pay you a visit." Cass said. They way she said it made me feel like something else was up. I raised an eyebrow at her and then realized something.

"Did Alex call any of you?" I asked trying to keep it together. All three of them, even Lisa, nodded. I sighed and threw the saddle on Lilo's back. "What did he say?"

"That you left in a hurry this morning and that he was worried about you" Lisa said. I laughed bitterly as I felt tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Sure he's worried about me now. Not while I was still at school or this past week when he was fucking Tay and avoiding me" I mumbled.

"What?" Anna sounded shocked and Lisa and Cass showed their shock on their faces.

"Long story short, everything he said to me about how he realized that he only wanted me was bullshit. He's been sleeping with Tay this whole time and this morning I found the messages on his phone this morning. I acted like nothing happened when I left earlier because I don't have the energy to fight this anymore. I'm done with all of this. I'm done with being lied to and I'm just done with Alex" By the time I was done explaining everything I was crying. Lilo turned her head to look at me and she nudged me with her nose. I scratched her neck before Anna hugged me tightly.

"Who else knows?" Lisa asked.

"I only told you guys. I came here to calm down and ride for a bit so I could get my mind off of it" I answered.

"Okay so how about this? I finish getting Lilo ready and you go get cleaned up. Then you go show us how you won first place at that show in December." I gave her a weak smile and nodded before I walked over to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

After about an hour later, I was putting Lilo back in her paddock. The girls helped me get my mind off of everything and promised not to say anything about the who Alex situation until I talked to him. I didn't bring up the job offer because I wanted to make up my mind before I told anyone. When I had finished my ride I told them that they didn't have to stay and that I was going to stay a little longer.

So here I am sitting on the fence watching the sunset while I think about everything and anything. I took out my phone and snapped a few pictures of Lilo grazing and of just the sunset. I pulled up instagram and posted the picture with a small caption.

'Ending my day with such a beautiful scene. This was much needed'

I turned back to the field and sighed. I was so happy before this morning. I trusted the man that I thought loved me. I thought I wasn't going to get hurt by him anymore but I was wrong. Maybe I needed to be the one that ended things for real this time.

I had made up my mind. Tomorrow I was going to go talk to him about all of this and finally end it. I needed to get away from the things that hurt me the most and move on. I just hoped that I could stay strong through it all.

Hey everyone! Sorry it took so long but I hope its worth the wait. Also sorry it's shorter than a normal chapter. 

I love you all!!

Rebecca <3