Axel glared at Magnus. Maybe he should go with Jace instead.

"Uh, why do you need Alec?" Jace asks him.

"Virgin Shadowhunter energy." Magnus replies looking at Axel who looks pissed.

"I'll call him." Jace says, grabbing Simon's bicep and he began dragging him away.

"Maybe after this, you could take away the word virgin in virgin shadowhunter energy." Magnus whispers to Axel, who breaks out in a smile.

•••

"What's all this for?" Clary asks Magnus, who mixes two liquids which glows in the end.

"The base for the potion. Continue stirring." Magnus says to Axel who is brewing the antidote. "We need to have it ready before your boy toys get back."

"What if they don't get back in time?"

"You can't think like that. I'm sure they'll come back or I'll do the alternate solution which isn't pretty." Axel reassures her. Clary sniffs and wraps her arm around Axel.

"Axel, I don't know if I can do this anymore. I'm an art student. All my adventures are supposed to be two-dimensional." Clary says making Axel snort.

"Who says?"

"Me. Look, it is one thing to draw monsters and demons, but it is completely different to see them up close and personal. I don't know what I'm doing." Clary looks over at Luke and a stray tear fell out of her eyes.

"Don't sell yourself short. You forget, I've seen you in action, Clary Fairchild." Magnus says adding an ingredient to the antidote.

"Jocelyn! No, don't... Wait, don't touch her." Luke cries out. Axel and Clary rushes over to him. Magnus was about to come along but Axel told him to continue the antidote and that he'll take care of it.

"Luke, I'm here. I'm here." Clary tried soothing him but Luke struggles up.

"Agitation only makes the venom work faster." Axel says to Clary and tried holding Luke still.

"I need to tell Clary." He whispered.

"Magnus and I will tell her. I promise. Don't worry." Axel said before using his demonic abilities to take away his pain. Luke gasps and began calming down.

"What did you do?" Clary asks in awe.

"The demonic side of me feeds off of pain and I just ate his pain away." Axel winks at her but then looked worried. He screams to Magnus, "The poison is spreading."

"Your suitors need to hurry." Magnus calls out.

•••

"When I first heard about your father, around the time he and Jocelyn first got together, long before the Uprising and the Circle, Valentine elevated the Morgenstern name - to be synonymous with virtue." Magnus said to Clary. Clary listened to him and drew at the same time. Axel was still working on the antidote while Magnus took a break. "But by the time my people came to know him, barely two years later his name had become synonymous with devastation. Your mother told me it was then she first saw the signs."