Chapter 19: The most intresting dinner ever. PART ONE

Start from the beginning

That means I get to wear a dress.

Yay! Note my sarcasm.

And you'll never guess who's coming?

Will, Theo, Leo, Joe and Josh. They are all the directors children. At least I know them all, but according to Sally, I have to 'mingle' with them and impress their parents, which is going to be so much fun.

If theirs one thing I can't do to save my life, it's fine dining.

Like for starts I hate the whole dressing up part. I despise wearing a lot of makeup, styling my hair and putting on dresses. It all seems pointless to me. I don't like the whole 'mingling thing'. To be honest I'd rather stay in my bedroom and watch Netflix. And just to top it off I don't understand the eating. Obviously the food is so good, but what's with the six courses? Or the endless amounts cutlery that your supposed to use for each course?

Just my opinion.

I turned around and slowed down my run into a jog. As I was heading through the woods, I failed to notice that my shoelace was untied. I jogged over a tree root, rolled my ankle and tripped.

Landing straight on my face.

I sat up and rolled over. I'd managed to cut my leg on a sharp branch. Picking my self up and trying not to wince, I hobbled back to the house.

When I arrived in the garden, various staff had already started setting up the huge gazebo that we would eat in. Sally and Peter exited the tent and panicked when they saw me.

Peter came rushing to my side. "Lottie! What did you do?" He asked helping me walk to the kitchen.

"Ummm I kind of fell." I responded as he helped me sit down on the kitchen counter. Sally had already got the first aid kit out and started to clean it up.

"Oh no your dress!" Sally exclaimed sadly. The dress I was going to wear tonight fell an inch above my knee, with this cut it would look hideous.

"I have a solution for that." Peter said grabbing a skin coloured bandage that blended into my tanned skin colour perfectly. He carefully put it around me knee, the wound no longer visible unless you looked for it.

The rest of the day was spent with everyone making preparations for the dinner. Then when 5 O'Clock rolled around, Sally insisted that she did my hair and makeup before the guested arrived at 6:30pm.

So I reluctantly sat down at the dressing table and let Sally put makeup and style my hair. She opened bottle of things I hadn't even heard of and carefully applied it to my face.

"Ah I've always wanted to do this with a daughter of mine." She whispered tearing up a bit. I found myself get a bit emotional too.

She added the finishing touches to my hair and makeup. Then she helped me into my dress. Sally turned me around and I looked at my reflection.

I was wearing a pastel blue dress which looked really pretty up against my tanned skin. It was a skater dress that flared out at the waist. It was sleeveless and had a Peter Pan collar with sparkly silver germs that caught the light.

My makeup was simple but elegant. I had some eyeliner on that had been winged and some thick black mascara that made my green eyes look wide and innocent. My lips were painted a matte nude colour.  

For my hair, it has been styled in two messy Dutch braids then pulled into a low bun. Pieces of hair were pulled out to frame my face and they had been curled. It looked messy but elegant non the less.

Finally on my feet were little blue wedges that matched the colour of my dress. And of course my silver locket was securely around my neck.

I looked so stunning if I say so myself.

"You look amazing." Sally gushed behind me. I turned around to see that Sally was almost crying. She was wearing a long white maxi dress and her hair was curled and left down.

I pulled her into a tight hug which she immediately returned. She pulled away and sat down on her bed. She guested for me sit next to her.

"I know that Peter and I could never replace your parents," She began quietly, "But I want you to know that we are so glad to have you as part of our family. We are here for you and you can tell me anything, even girly troubles." She said with a laugh lightly shoulder bumping me. Then the tears started falling down her face.

"T-thank you, for finding me." I stuttered out, holding back tears and I hugged her tight. We held on for a little book longer before she pulled apart and wiped her tears.

Magically her eye makeup hadn't run. I on the other hand felt like a mess.

"I'm sorry we didn't find you sooner." Sally whispered rubbing my shoulder before she kissed the side of my head.

Then the door bell rang. Signalling that the first guests were here.

Sally squealed at me before going down the stairs to greet the guests. I stayed put as Sally had made it very clear to me that as I was the only female kid of the directors, I had to make a grand entrance down the stairs when everyone had arrived.

Oh kill me now.

Authors note:

Oh jeeze, that's a long one *wipes sweat off brow*. This chapter is a two parter, this is kind of the build up to the dinner I suppose.

Things are about to get real interesting.

I might update tomorrow as I'm hella excited to write the next chapter, however I don't know if I will, if not than it will be sometime next week.

Thanks for reading, enjoy!

Unedited.

1544 Words

Olly xxx