First Words

Laurance's lips captured mine in our perfect reunion kiss, as time stopped for the moment that it was just him and me. I needed nothing more but to be with Laurance and my daughter, and I couldn't stand the thought of everything I'd have to go through.

Laurance let go of me at last and I grabbed Laura into my hands. I hugged her tightly, and her soft little baby hands held onto me. Her soft brown hair tickled me and she looked up, her (your eye color) eyes shining even in the darkness of the room.

"My sweet family, we'll be alright." I whispered. Laurance smiled.

"We made it out of the cell, thanks to Laura." Laurance said.

"Laura?" I asked. Laura, a one-year-old baby girl, breaking a cage? I stared at Laura and she smiled. Her eyes began to shine brighter, almost as if there was a light in her.

"She's... she's just so divine. So beautiful... so magical... I am still baffled. I was looking at the ground, trying not to scream in anger of being locked away, when Laura crawled into me lap and I looked up. The cage was shattered into pieces." Laurance exclaimed.

"How... how is that possible?" I asked. A shiver went down my spine. Something felt weird and unusual about all of this. Laurance grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. He didn't even need to say anything, and I knew he was promising in his mind that we would be alright.

"Laurance... wait... you can solve this." I said.

"I can?! How?" Laurance asked.

"Since Zane put a backfiring spell on me, but not on you, you can use the Godly Spell to..." I began. Laurance caught on.

"This is it. This is the way we can solve this. We can remind Zane that there is a better way to solve these problems, and then... both the shadow world and O'khasis are out of sight and out of mind." Laurance replied. I hugged him.

"We can solve this. All of this." I whispered. Laurance kissed me again. I smiled. Laura stared at us, her eyes shining like stars.

"Laurance... is Laura okay?" I asked fearfully. Laurance grabbed Laura and placed his palm on her forehead.

"This... is just weird... Laura has been behaving very strangely. I thought she might be sick, but she's perfectly fine." Laurance murmured. Laura stared at us with her bright eyes, and the color began to glow into a darker, more purple light. The light began to form into the shape of an hourglass, and then into a flower, then into a sword, as the world began to fade away behind the colors...

******

The moon was shining bright like a pearl as the auroras began to fly across the Northern skies. The colors started green, and then turned into a luminescent purple, and ended with a sparkly neon blue. A wife and her husband were sitting there, watching the spectacular show of lights with their eyes, their one-year-old little daughter next to them.

Their daughter's eyes began to shine even brighter than the auroras themselves, and the parents turned around and faced their little girl, whose magical eyes brought confusion and fear inside them.

They surrounded her, asking her if she was okay. They knew she was too young to respond, but they didn't care. They needed to know if she was okay. The girl's eyes began to blind the parents and they disappeared into thin air. The girl stood as a orphan on the face of the Earth.

The girl whispered, "Divine" into the cold air, and the auroras ended at that second. She stood on the cold snow beneath her, which turned into quartz. The quartz had a red glow to it, one that was magical and confusing.

The girl turned around and faced the world. She closed her eyes and felt the power given to her. Both of her parents were capable of performing the spell. Both of her parents went to the Heavens. Both of her parents were special and powerful. Both of her parents gave her the power to be divine. Both of her parents made her Irene.

******

I felt myself returning to the world with Laurance at my side. We stared at each other in shock, and turned to face Laura. She smiled, her eyes beginning to turn normal again. A light flickered on in the dungeon that second.

Laura smiled as she whispered her first word, "Divine".