Laura's Caretakers

It had been a year since the day we told Aphmau about Zane, and since, nothing much had happened. Laurance and I were expected to be active in the guarding of Phoenix Drop since now Aphmau would need more help taking care of Phoenix Drop. Now that Laura no longer needed to be around me at all times, I knew that Laura would need a caretaker we could trust for while Laurance and I were gone on missions.

"Who should we have taking care of Laura?" I asked Laurance.

"Zoey already has her hands full with Kenmur, Emmalyn, Aphmau, and Garroth's kids. I think we should find someone else." Laurance said.

I agreed a lot, but I couldn't think of anyone else who was capable of taking care of her. So Laurance, Aphmau, all of the other guards, and I came up with a plan. He would pretend to a masked kidnapper and "steal" Laura from me. Anybody who came up to save Laura would be considered for being her caretaker.

We put the plan into action. It was funny honestly, but it went well. I was strolling along with Laura when "a robber" came up and "knocked me out". I dropped Laura on the floor carefully and pretended to faint. The robber paid close attention to who would be helping Laura.

In the end, I got back up from my faint to see that Isabelle was taking care of Laura for me. Laurance immediately asked her to be Laura's caretaker, and of course, she gleefully replied yes.

Everyone smiled and cheered before Laurance shouted, "(Your name), look out!" I turned around as quickly as I could to feel a hard blow on my forehead. I fell on the ground in pain, and the last thing I heard was Laurance shouting as swords clashed.

******

It was that night when I woke up in a room that I had never seen before. It had maroon walls, and everything was made of wood. There were candles sitting on a table next to a rose, and only one window through which the full moon was shining. A fireplace was the only source of light besides the moon, which lit up the room in fiery, romantic colors. Magically, classical music began to play, and a shiver went down my spine.

Where the hell am I?

I looked around to see that I was the only one there, and that it didn't seem familiar to me at all. I looked outside the window to see I was in a place I had never seen before. Then I realized that I recognized something, a flag that I knew very well. The O'khasis flag. It flew bravely in the air, as I realized I was in shadow knight O'khasis, in probably the highest building there, the castle.

Why the hell am I here?

"You must be wondering why you are here." A dark voice said to me. I turned around and gasped in surprise. It was Zane.