Chapter 2

Meeting My Fiancee

Yeonghun's POV

I forgot to mention.

My name is Lee Yeonghun. The one and only daughter of my parents. My mother died about a decade ago because of breast cancer. I am living alone with my father. He's a postman.

And I am a scholar student at Daekyung University. I'm a graduating student of HRM course.

"Yeonghun-ah!" Dad called me.

"Ne, Appa?" I replied.

Oh! It's Saturday! Argh. What's even the use of waking up so early? I should have slept more so I could get back the sleep I missed these past few days.

"Come over here," Dad said from the living room.

"Coming," I replied. I brushed my hair before going down.

As I reached him, I saw him crying.

"Dad, what's wrong?" I asked. I quickly ran to him and hugged him.

"Mianhae," Dad said as he was crying on my shoulders "Jongmal mianhae."

"Dad, there's no reason for you to apologize," I patted his back.

"No, Yeonghun. I made a huge mistake. I wish you could forgive me. I'm sorry, Yeonghun," Dad added.

"Dad what are you saying? What do you mean that you made a huge mistake?" I asked.

"I'll say this straight to the point," he wiped off his tears and turned to me.

He held both of my hands and looked directly into my eyes.

"I've decided to make you marry the son of Mr. Kim as a payment for my debt... Yeonghun I know I'm so selfish, I know I'm-" he was talking but I cut him off.

"Wait, Dad. What?" tears also started to fall from my eyes.

"Please don't misunderstand. Yeonghun, you'll live very well with them. They can give you all you needed more than I can. Yeonghun this is for your own sake," Dad added.

"Dad, I... I..." I don't know what to say. But I don't want to be mad at my Dad. "I understand what you mean but how about you?" I added.

"Mr. Kim also gave me a permanent job in France. I'll go there right after the wedding," Dad said with a forced smile.

"Yeonghun, have courage and be kind arasso? And to your husband. Promise me that you'll be a good wife to him. Love him more than you do love me," he said and we both cried.

"I promise," I replied. He then kissed my forehead.

"Prepare yourself. You're going to meet your fiancee."

Myungsoo's POV

I am eating my breakfast with my step mom and my Dad. And it's so awkward.

"Yah, Myungsoo-ah," Dad called me. I looked at him emotionless.

"You're going to meet your fiancee tonight," Dad said directly. I paused eating.

"When's the wedding? Where? What church?" I asked continuously.

"Next week. Son, you can't marry at a church yet," Dad said.

"And why not? So what, we're going to marry by a Judge at a court? Dad, that's being cheap," I said and continued eating.

"Son, you can't promise your marriage in the church of God if you don't really love each other. A wedding inside a church is when you really feel your true love for each other," whoah, that was deep.