Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

A few weeks went by and I still haven't texted or called Camila. But I already saved her number. All I need is to call her, so I did. I was nervous, I don't even know why. It rang twice before she answered my call.

"Hello?" Her angelic voice ran through the phone and I felt butterflies in my stomach.
For the past few weeks, I can't get my mind off of her.

I haven't been this happy for the past 2 years. She's the only person who made me feel this foreign emotions. It felt good though.

"Uhm... hey, It's Lauren." I said.

"Lauren?" I can sense the smile on her voice and it made me smile too.

"Yeah.... How are you? I thought you'd be hit by a car by now." I said teasing her and laughed. I heard her laugh too and it made my heart flutter.

I have never felt these feelings before. It's so weird. But now I'm happy, because of her. It was like, I was Nyctophilia and she's Heliophilia. She brought sunlight in my darkness. I was weak and the darkness comforts me, but at the same time I'm depressed. I'm like a vampire, I'm afraid of the sunlight. But when she came into my life, my fear fades away. I don't know why. I think she has this power that can control my emotions. And I love this feeling.

"I kept the words you said to me, my hero. I'm careful now." She said while giggling. I think it's cute. And I guess I'm smiling like an idiot right now.

"That's good... I guess you don't need my help anymore." I said and teased her much more so I can hear her laugh and beautiful voice.

~~~~~~

The two talked for a good 2 hours getting to know more about each other. Their likes/dislikes, favorites, etc.

A month passed and Lauren and Camila are now close friends. Camila is at Lauren's apartment watching TV and cuddling with Lauren at their couch.

Suddenly, the scene that Lauren watched two months ago played again. Lauren was teary eyed but she forced herself not to cry in front of Camila. But Camila noticed Lauren's uneven breathing. She looked at Lauren concerned.

"Hey... are you okay?" Camila asked.

A tear escaped Lauren's eye but she wiped it immediately with her hands.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lauren said sadly. And continued to watch the movie but Camila sensed that something was wrong.

"Wanna talk about it?" Camila said softly.

"Uh... okay, I think this is the right time for you to know who I really was." Lauren said to Camila and continued "It all started when..."

My brother, Chris, and I are now walking home from the mall. We just discovered a new opened store to buy some new albums. I was looking at the CDs we bought but I can't hold them together while walking. So they fell from my hands. Chris kept walking and he didn't notice me.
Chris crossed the road and left me at the sidewalk.

"Chris!" I yelled for my brother but he can't hear me because he had his earphones on.

Suddenly, a car drove fast. I think the driver's drunk. And I remembered Chris was crossing the crosswalk.
I wanted to run after him but I was too late, it felt like slow motion. The car stopped for a second but left. It was hit and run.

I was shocked to what I just witnessed. I snapped back to reality and ran to Chris' body. I called 911 and the police and ambulance came in a couple of minutes. I was trembling, I can't cry enough but I felt like crying.
I was cold; I was terrified.

Now we're at the hospital. I called my parents and told them what happened. They came after 10 minutes and they looked at me with disappointment.

Chris is inside the emergency room and the doctors are doing everything they can to save my brother. One and a half hour have passed and a doctor came out of the room.

"Are you the family of the patient?" He asked. We all nodded then I notice he looked despaired. "I'm sorry but we did everything that we can." He said and walked away.

My knees felt weak and my heart dropped when I saw the doctor's face when he approached us.
I dropped down on my knees and broke down. My dad punched the walls and my mom sat on the chairs and cried her heart out. My sister, Taylor was also crying but she looked strong.

"But that's not all..." Lauren said as she wiped her tears.

~~~~~~

A/N

Hi there! So the other half of Lauren's story is on the next chapter.

And oh! Wait.... my surprise is near!

Hope you'll like/hate it!

---Mayz^_^