Chapter 7

Ten minutes later, I got bored and went into the kitchen, but Beau kicked me out as soon as I started a conversation. I fake-pouted all the way back out to the store front. I decided to steal a bite of one of the pastries since I was starving. I picked out a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss on it and took a quick photo of it. I shoved it in my mouth and wiped the crumbs away. I clicked on the picture and attached it to a text message. I typed in Beau’s name and typed the message “yum, but still hungry. HurryJ” I heard his phone whistle from the other room and he chuckled. I leaned back against the chair, satisfied, and let my eyes flutter shut.

            The smell of cooked ham, mashed potatoes, and gravy was the only thing that could wake me up. I had fallen asleep on one of the tables in the store front. Real smooth, I told myself as I quickly wiped the drool off my chin. I sat up and finger combed my hair before Beau could place the food on the table that I so elegantly fell asleep on. I sat back so he could set the table.

            “Want some help?” I offered.

            “Not tonight, princess.” He kissed my head and lit the candles. “Voila.” He kissed the tips of his fingers and spread them apart quickly, like a French chef. I laughed and scooted my chair in. Beau sat down across from me and started to fill a plate and set it in front of me. It was piled with all sorts of Christmas night delicacies. I dove right in.

            “So, you have to tell me about this place, I’ve waited very patiently to hear about it.” I wiped my mouth.

            “Well, my family and I used to live here up until 6 or 7 years ago when we moved to Australia. This place is called BBakery, the extra B is supposed to represent, like the B in my name, and then bakery. I don’t know it’s sort of weird.”

            “No, I love that. It’s so clever.” I reassured him.

            “Oh, the best part is the red bow above the A. Get it? Beau. Bow. And my favorite color has been red ever since I was 8 or 9. Still is.” He took a sip of champagne.

            “That’s actually, so clever. Round of applause to Beau’s momma!” I silently clapped. He lifted one side of his mouth up into a half smile, displaying that one dimple that I love.

            “God bless her soul, yeah? Died 3 years ago, the bakery in Australia burned down while she was in it. Christmas day, actually.” His eyes went glossy, and suddenly, I was overwhelmed with the urge to hug him, and kiss him, and make everything better.

            “Baby, it’s okay. Don’t cry, she’s happy. She’s so proud of you.” I took his face in my hands and forced him to look at me. I wiped the underneath of his eyes as some of the tears slid down, and planted a tender kiss on his lips. I scooted my chair to be right next to his, and held his hand.

            “You remind me so much of her.” He confessed. His brown eyes were so bright, with flecks of hazel, green, and blue in them. Honestly the prettiest eyes I’ve ever seen. He got himself together and smiled at me. “I want to show you something. Wait here.” I sighed and fell back on the chair. This time, I wasn’t going to sit around here bored out of my skull. I rummaged through my bag and tried to find something interesting to help me pass the time. I pulled out my pink sweater, the jeggings, and felt a sharp pain on my index finger.

            “Ouch. Shit.” I pulled my hand out quickly. A paper cut. What the..? What paper did I have in-, oh shit. I forgot all about the envelope AGAIN. This time I wasn’t going to wait to open it, I was going to open it right now. I carefully dug my hand back in the dark blue bag and pulled it out. The paper has a little tiny splatter of blood, but not enough to make me feel sick. I get headaches at the sight of blood. I took a deep breath and slid my finger under the glued part of the triangle. Once the seal was broken, I dumped the contents onto the table next to ours.

            There were four pieces of paper. Two of them were tickets to an Arianna Grande concert at Madison Square Garden. Isn’t that in New York? Wow, thanks a lot mom, some kind of joke? I sighed and stuck the two tickets into my big bag. I looked at the other 2 and they were plane tickets into Manhattan, in New York? SHUT UP. I jumped and screamed. Beau came running out of the kitchen, hands behind his back.

            “What’s wrong? What happened?” He asked, panting.

            “Beau! My parents got me two plane tickets to New York City for spring break and concert tickets!” I squealed again. Finally, I would be going to America. His eyes shone and he smiled.

            “I’m so happy for you; you and Hannah are going to have a really great time!” He seemed genuinely happy for me. I put the tickets away and walked over to him.

            “What did you have to show me?” I asked. He looked at the ground shyly and pulled out a photo album. He set the book on the counter and flipped through a couple pages. He landed on a page with a full size photo of a girl holding a little baby. The girl looked 15 or 16. “That’s my mom when she was 15.” He smiled. “That’s me.” He pointed at the baby boy.

“Oh, Beau. She beautiful. She had you so young.” I smiled at the picture.

“Yeah, she was young. Only the good die young.” He shut the book and walked to put it away. I winced at his words, I could feel his hurt.

****

A/N i'll be uploading another chapter again in a few minutes, i hope you are all enjoying the story. please like, comment or vote if you are enjoying it :) xoxoxo