Chapter 6

“It is very nice to meet you, Beau. You seem like a very charming young man. You two kids have a nice time tonight.” My mom was putting a turkey into the oven, and had about 4 different things on the stove.  Mum loved to cook, she should open up her own restaurant. I glanced at the clock on the oven. 4:57. Early dinner for us, but time spent with Beau nonetheless. I get butterflies in my stomach every time I look at him. I love his exotic look. He meets my eyes and I blush and look back at my mom.

            “Bye mom, call you later.” I kissed her cheek and waved at my dad, who was reading the paper.

***

      Beau went around to the passenger side of the car first and opened my door. I slid in and tucked my feet under the chair so he could shut the door. He slid across the hood of the car to get into his side. I put my hand up to my mouth to stifle my laugh. He smirked at my response and got into the car.

          “I hope you’re ready for the time of your life.” Beau winked. He put the keys into ignition and the car stirred to life. He set his hand in the middle of the two seats, casually. I took the hint and slid my hand on top of his. He didn’t look over, but his cheeks turned pink and he bit his lip.

            “So Madisen, what do you do for fun?” He asked me. This is stupid, pointless conversation, and I loved it.

         “I play football every other day of the week, and have competitions on Saturdays.” I smiled.

            “Yes! My kind of girl. I play too. One day we’ll have a one on one.” This time he looked at me             “What do you do, Beau?”

 “I worked at a bakery in Australia but also I played football on the weekends.”

            “Ohhh, so you know how to bake?” I playfuly hit his shoulder. He laughed.

            “Just you wait, love. Just you wait.”

****            

We pulled up to a tiny little bakery on Elm Street called BBakery and there was a little red bow on top of the ‘A’.

            “What is this place?” I asked while looking up at the sign. It was illuminated and all of the black letters were shining.

            “I’ll tell you about it inside. You’ll love it.” He led me into the little shop with glass windows. “Wait in here, I have to cook back there. It will only take a few minutes. Feel free to look around. I took his advice and looked at all the pastries on display. Éclairs, cookies, cakes, cupcakes. They were making me drool. I took out my phone and took photos of the pastries. The next thing I did was download the pictures from the party onto my phone and instagram them. Then I realized I didn’t have Beau’s instagram.

            “Hey Beau?” I called.

            “Yes?”

            “Do you have an instagram?” I felt so stupid asking him this. He walked out of the back room wearing an apron tied around his waist and flour on his forehead. I stood up and wiped it off. He washed his hands, dried them, and then took my phone from me. He typed in his instagram name and handed the phone back to me. It didn’t surprise me that he had 25,000 followers. He smiled and walked back to the baking room.

            I uploaded my favorite picture of us from the party and tagged him. Instantly, my picture  was flooded with likes and comments. I had 17,000 followers but I don’t know how… I had only 500 yesterday. I decided to do the creeper thing and stalk Beau’s pictures. His most recent photo shocked me. It was a picture of us at the Christmas party, not kissing, but laughing under the mistletoe. The caption said “isnt she beautiful *heart eye emoji* *kissy face emoji* *creeper face emoji*” and then the butterflied kicked in again, right on queue. I smiled as I scrolled through his selfies, group shot, family photos, and football shots. There was one where he was kicking the black and white checkered ball right into the net and his face was so concentrated, I couldn’t help but giggle.

            Ten minutes later, I got bored and went into the kitchen, but Beau kicked me out as soon as I started a conversation. I fake-pouted all the way back out to the store front. I decided to steal a bite of one of the pastries since I was starving. I picked out a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss on it and took a quick photo of it. I shoved it in my mouth and wiped the crumbs away. I clicked on the picture and attached it to a text message. I typed in Beau’s name and typed the message “yum, but still hungry. Hurry :)” I heard his phone whistle from the other room. I heard him chuckle and I was satisfied. I leaned back and let my eyes flutter shut.

            The smell of cooked ham, mashed potatoes, and gravy was the only thing that could wake me up. I had fallen asleep on one of the tables in the store front. Real smooth, I told myself as I quickly wiped the drool off my chin. I sat up and finger combed my hair before Beau could place the food on the table that I so elegantly fell asleep on. I sat back so he could set the table.

            “Want some help?” I offered.

            “Not tonight, princess.” He kissed my head and light the candles. “Voila.” He kissed the tips of his fingers and spread them apart quickly, like a French chef. I laughed and scooted my chair in. Beau sat down across from me and started to fill a plate and set it in front of me. It was piled with all sorts of Christmas night delicacies. I dove right in.

            “So, you have to tell me about this place, I’ve waited very patiently to hear about it.” I wiped my mouth.

            “Well, my family and I used to live here up until 6 or 7 years ago when we moved to Australia. This place is called BBakery, the extra B is supposed to represent, like the B in my name, and then bakery. I don’t know it’s sort of weird.”

            “No, I love that. It’s so clever.” I reassured him.

            “Oh, the best part is the red bow above the A. Get it? Beau. Bow. And my favorite color has been red ever since I was 8 or 9. Still is.” He took a sip of champagne.

            “That’s actually, so clever. Round of applause to Beau’s momma!” I silently clapped. He lifted one side of his mouth up into a half smile, displaying that one dimple that I love.

            “God bless her soul, yeah? Died 3 years ago, the bakery in Australia burned down while she was in it. Christmas day, actually.” His eyes went glossy, and suddenly, I was overwhelmed with the urge to hug him, and kiss him, and make everything better.

            “Baby, It’s okay. Don’t cry, she’s happy. She’s so proud of you.” I took his face in my hands and forced him to look at me. I wiped the underneath of his eyes as some of the tears slid down, and planted a tender kiss on his lips. I scooted my chair to be right next to his, and held his hand.

            “You remind me so much of her.” He confessed. His brown eyes were so bright, with flecks of hazel, green, and blue in them. Honestly the prettiest eyes I’ve ever seen. He got himself together and smiled at me. “I want to show you something. Wait here.” I sighed and fell back on the chair. This time, I wasn’t going to sit around here bored out of my skull. I rummaged through my bag and tried to find something interesting to help me pass the time. I pulled out my pink sweater, the jeggings, and felt a sharp pain on my index finger.

            “Ouch. Shit.” I pulled my hand out quickly. A paper cut. What the..? What paper did I have in-, oh shit. I forgot all about the envelope AGAIN. This time I wasn’t going to wait to open it, I was going to open it right now. I carefully dug my hand back in the dark blue bag and pulled it out. The paper has a little tiny splatter of blood, but not enough to make me feel sick. I get headaches at the sight of blood. I took a deep breath and slid my finger under the glued part of the triangle. Once the seal was broken, I dumped the contents onto the table next to ours.

**A/N hiiiii, i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. you can comment some ideas if you want. please vote xooxoxo