Chapter 5

. In the first one I look at we are staring lovingly into each others eyes,  holding hands. I smile and put that one behind the others. In the next one, His arms are around my waist and mine are around his neck, but we’re both looking up at the mistletoe. The next one after that were leaning in  to kiss each other and then there are about 15 ones after that of us kissing and some of them are really gross, like I don’t want to believe I look like that when I’m kissing.

            “I love.. these pictures.” I tell Beau. Kissing him on the nose. He picked me up and twirled me around.

            “Good. You can keep them all.” He smiled at me.

            “Are you sure?” I asked.

            “Yeah, you and those pictures aren’t going anywhere soon. I smiled and shuffled my feet.

            “You can keep this one, though.” I picked out the best looking on of us kissing. We were smiling as we were kissing and his hands were in my hair. He took it and kissed the picture, then tucked it into his shirt pocket.

            “Forever.” He said.

***

            I had gone into Katie’s room and changed into one of her dresses. It was short, black, and tight with a quarter length sleeve on the right side, and no sleeve on the left. Beau asked me to have Christmas dinner with him, and after begging my parents to let me go, they said yes. I emerged from Katie’s room all freshened up. Beau leaned against the wall across her room. His face instantly lit up when he saw me, and he gave me a big bear hug.

            “Lets go eat, I’m starvin’.” Beau said and rubbed his stomach. He put his arm around me and we walking into the living room where everyone was gathered. We said goodbye and I blew air kisses at my closer friends. Beau and I were going to drive separately. He was going to follow me back to my house so I could drop my car off, and he could say a quick hello to my parents, then he would drive us to wherever we were going for Christmas dinner.

***

Mum. Dad, this is Beau, we just met tonight but I think I love him.

Mum, dad, this is Beau, my boyfriend?

Mum, dad, this is Beau, we just met butt we snogged and have photos, if you want to see them.

Dad, mum, this is Beau, he comes from Australia, isn’t he charming?

            I hit my hand against the steering wheel. How do I introduce him to my parents? Are we boyfriend and girlfriend? We only kissed… and now were going out for dinner on Christmas, so what did that make us? Ugh, hell if I knew.

***

Hi, I’m Beau. Madisens boyfriend.

Beau, sick to meet you.

Sup, I’m Beau.

I’m beau, and I think I love your daughter.

            What do I say when I meet them? Am I her boyfriend? Should I shake their hand? Hug her mom? I looked ahead at Madisens car and she smacked her hand against the wheel. Probably tapping along to the radio.