1

Sky's POV:

I sat in the corner of my room hearing mom and my so-called stepfather, Philip, fighting downstairs. "Dammit Philip! You are so... GRRRRR!!! I can't stand you right now!!!" Mom yells really loud. " Linda, calm down what happened?" I heard Philip ask. 

Mom growled and said, "Don't bullshit me, Philip, I know you took my child support money!" Philip chuckled and said, " I didn't take it the money. It must have been Sky that took it." I shook my head and waited.

Then I heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs coming to my room and I held teddy real tight against my chest. See teddy was the last gift daddy got me for my birthday two years ago along with uncle Merle. My bedroom door slammed open to reveal a very angry mother.

She glared at me and said, " Where is the money Sky, I know you took it!" 

I looked at her and said, " I didn't take anything mom. Philip came in here an hour ago and gave me some money." I said hoping she believed me. 

She said, " You better not be lying or you know what will happen."

 I nod and said, " I'm not lying mom he did do it." I said looking up at her but she just stared at me.

Then she slapped me hard and it stung. She yelled, " Don't you dare lie you brat. Uou just want to get Philip in trouble!!!"

 I started to tear up. Mom rolled her eyes and chuckled saying " You are worthless! No wonder your daddy didn't want you. Hell, I don't even want you!!" I nodded and looked away.

She looked through my room and found the money Philip gave me in my top drawer. She glared at me but left the room and slammed my door. I got on the bed and started to cry. I looked out my tiny window and thought "Did my dad really not want me?" But I just stopped crying and locked my door keeping Philip out and went to sleep.