The Heavenly Son and Bear - Korean Myth

adapted, modified, re-imaged, elaborated, twisted,

fractured, fabricated, embroidery, enhanced

STOooRrrrYyyy!

Sssttooorrrrriieeee!

Welcome lovers of story! Creation myths can be changed to suit the leaders of a country, as done by every, every conquers since the first battles for territory

Welcome lovers of story! Creation myths can be changed to suit the leaders of a country, as done by every, every conquers since the first battles for territory. The victories broadcasted in paintings on rock, in temples, palaces, in verbal stories, written, and then photographs, viewed in movies, on TV news, and now on our computers. Story changes to suit the place, time and teller as all good stories and history does.

 Story changes to suit the place, time and teller as all good stories and history does

Story PLOT:

1) Father and son look down from the heavens at the land the son wanted, after his daughter drops her jeweled fish (prosperity) from the heavenly temple into the muddy ocean on earth. The guardian (with Tiger spirit) finds her jeweled fish in the mud after digging up mountains, making lakes and rivers, and leaving some jewels from the jeweled fish that started the first plants and animals on Korean. Heavenly Father gives his son Korean, a peninsula resting between two seas with sacred trees and now with many animals and plants.

2) EVENT: The Heavenly son is proud and ambition, he looks and longs to build a kingdom, and earthly realm to rule and Korean seem to be the best spot. His father gives him Korea to have as his kingdom.

3) Heavenly son comes down Diamond Mountain down the sacred Pine tree, his Father gave him 3,000 servants, plus the Lord Wind, Lord Rain, and Lord Clouds to help settle Korea.

4) Through singing the son summons Bear and Tiger, who are respectful and come from their dens. He announces, "You are to become the first humans, man and woman. For do this you must stay in a cave for 100 days and eat 20 cloves of garlic and mugwort weed."

5) Bear is patience and relaxed sleeping, she can hibernate slowing her body down and enduring the time. Tiger is not happy, hating the cold, dark damp cave. He wants to be free, and gets so hungry he wants to eat Bear. Tiger leaves the cave and hides to see what will happen to Bear.