How Fire Came to the Humans

adapted, modified, re-imaged, fabricated, embroidery and enhanced

STOooRrrrYyyy,

Sssttooorrrrriieeee,

Sssttooorrrrriieeee.

Welcome lovers of story! Today's story is from the ancient myths, how fire was given to the gods with a warning, and how fire was given then taken from man, and how hummingbird returned fire causing the distrust and tragedy for the animals

Welcome lovers of story! Today's story is from the ancient myths, how fire was given to the gods with a warning, and how fire was given then taken from man, and how hummingbird returned fire causing the distrust and tragedy for the animals. Fire myths are found in many places around the earth. Remember, the ancient, primitive cultures traveled and traded wares. So story travels across our earth as the entrancing FIRE.

The start:

Pele, goddess of fire, lighting, dance and volcano, mother of eruptions, was born in Tahiti, her mother the Earth goddess. Because of Pele's treacherous anger, her father, Kane Milohal, creator of sky, earth and heavens, exiled from their home island because of her temper and seducing her sister husband. She visited many islands digging huge immerse craters in search of the right foundation, which fills with water, her sister mad at Pele attacked Pele on Kauai island thinking she was dead. Pele recovered and reached Hawaii, her sister and Pele engaged in huge battles and her sister injures Pele spreading her body around. Pele dug her final crater on Mount Kilauea, the navel of the world, where the earthly gods and goddesses were created. They kept the fire.

A warning:

The Great Master and Lord of All life, Kaang, said to the ancient Bushman of Africa. "I have given the earth to the people and the animals, Never ever to build a fire, all would live in peace and happily together. And could talk to each other. Otherwise, horror, distrust and fear will come between you and you will be separated." The people promised never, never would they wish for fire. When darkness fell as night and cold, the people and animal became frightened and cold and desired fired. In their search forgot Kaang's warning, they all desired fire that belong to the gods.

An accusation:

From where the fire came and given to the people is not quite clear. The Greek God Zeus became anger because the people of Prometheus stole and shared fire, which was only for the gods on Olympus. People were not afraid of darkness or hungry because Prometheus had given them the sins of fire the roasting meat from animals the charm, the enchantment the smell burning wood and of cooking meat. Then Prometheus tricks Zeus asking Zeus to choose which for his self to eat, of course, the best looking, that have bones and fat. Zeus punishes, Prometheus, his liver take each day and the people get Pandora's Box.

An accident or coincidence:

So across the earth a tale from Ecuador about Quinde, a hummingbird.

A long time from now, people had no fire for comfort at night or to cook their foods.

God Taquea was the keeper of the fire, and his wife heated his food at night and his children had torches to burn, made from the sap of trees for lighting the darkness.

A hummingbird soaked from the rain decided to go to the god's garden and to dry by the fire. Hummingbird laid in the path, as if wounded. The wife of Taquea saw the little bird and thought him wounded and able to fly, she tenderly carried him into the hearth of the fire so the hummingbird's powerful wings could dry and heal.

Warming by the fire, hummingbird became dry and in excellent health, returned to a better the bird he was as if traveling on a far off journey. His beak was like a needle ready for sipping nectar from the flower he enjoyed. Why he could share this luxury of warmth.

While the wife tending her garden, the little hummingbird shook off the ashes from his wings, cleaned his feathers, and with deep intent let his tail catch a spark of fire. Then he flew out the door into the forest. He perched on a dry trunk of an old tree. He invited the fire to stay there and give itself to those who needed warmth.

The people saw the smoke climbing to the sky from the trees, they ran from their huts, flames shot into the sky. They were not terrified by what they saw, only the thoughtfulness from someone. They look for the person and saw under a bush in a tangled vines a tail feather from hummingbird with a black hole burnt into the green feathering. Hummingbird was not there.

The people carried a piece of the burning tree back to their huts and started fires in hearths made from the earth. Squash, yucca, and beans were cooked as were roasted meats from fish, birds, and animals. At night the family gathered around the fire, warmed, and told stories of their gods and how fire came to them.

To this day hummingbird has the spark of fire burnt into his green tail feather and one can see the spot as he flits from flower to flower.

Tragic treachery unfolds:

People were warm and could see in the darkness. Only now, the animals trembled in feared of the light that burned at night and smelled of foods cooking over the fire, a horrified by the taunting flames, threatening, teasing, a terrifying killer. They sensed the evil tragedy had come. The trust between man and animal broke. Thus, Kaang's warning came true, animals and people no longer live in harmony and comfort with each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank-you, story lovers for reading. May you have the best 😊 with your storytelling!

Websites SOURCES:

Roberts Island, tourism, PELE, http://www.robertshawaii.com/blog/legend-behind-hawaii%E2%80%99s-goddess-fire

Mythical Realm.com, Pele, Goddess of Fire Hawaiian Volcano Goddess, Main Legends and Myths, http://mythicalrealm.com/legends/pele.html

Encyclopedia Mythica, Pele, Micha F.Lindemans, article 1997, modified 1/5/2001, @MCMXCV-MMV.

Creation Myths, Night, Fear, Fire and Sin, http://dept.cs.williams.edu/~lindsey/myths/myths_14.html, Brian McCarthy's Latin II class, Common Elements in Creation Myths, Lindsey Murtagh.

Legends and Myths, E2Bn UK, Who were the Kaang people? http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/origins2490-kaangs-people.html. 2006. View on YouTube, https://youtu.be/WMawLEPNuFw, http://myths.e2bn.org, 8/2013 Site as a story creator, fun, can print out.

Tell Me A Story, Fear of Fire, A Myth of the African Bushmen, or San People, http://www.uexpress.com/tell-me-a-story/2007/11/11/fear-of-fire-a-myth-of, by Amy Friedman and Meredith Johnson, 2007.

Hellenistic Society of Pometheas, Inc., Mythology; Prometheus, http://www.prometheas.org/mythology.html, The Creation of Man, J.M. Hunt, all right reserved.

Ancient History Encyclopedia, Prometheus, http://www.ancient.eu/Prometheus/, by Mark Cartwright, published on April 2013, all rights reserved.

UNICEF, Book of Children's Legend, 'Quinde, Bird of the Fire,' compiled and photographed by William I. Kaufman, Stockpeople Books, adapted for English, Rosemond V.P. Kaufman, pp 88-90, 1970.

And on and on, an amazing amount of writers and blogs with information about stories!

~~~~~~~~