Silence At Last

After staying in that same position for a few hours, I decide to escape out of my little cacoon in my bed, and walk out into the living room. Grandpa sat on the couch, fast asleep, hockey playing on the TV. Grandma was in the kitchen, making some dinner.

I walk past the back door, and see through the thin curtains that hung on the window, Mom sitting out on the patio, starring out into the yard.

I walk into the kitchen, and stand there for a few moments while watching Grandma toss ingrediants into a pot. She turns around to put away some spices, and jumps when she sees me.

"You scared me." she says. "Would you like to help?" I shake my head, and take a seat at the table as I continue to watch her make dinner. I sat there for a few minutes, nothing was said between us, which was what I didn't expect. I smile at the silence.

"What you smiling at?" Grandma asks when she sees me smilin. I shrug and she smiles back. "I haven't seen that smile in a while."

My smile falls abit, and I turn to the side to look out the kitchen window.

Grandma doesn't say another word. I stand to my feet, and she looks over at me.

"Where you going?" she asks.

"My room." I answer as I exit the kichen. I could see  Grandma frowning, but she continues to cook. As I passed by the back doors once more, I paused. Mom looked so lonely out there. My hand twitches towards the doorknob at the thought of just my mom and I, sitting on the back porch.

Together and in silence.

That thought vanished quickly, since I already knew  that wasn't going to happen. Mom would only nag me about school, which would eventually annoy me, then piss me off, which would end in me storming back into my room, and never coming back out.

I sigh, and continue to go back to my room. I shut my bedroom door after entering, and pull out my laptop I bought with my performing money, and log on Facebook.

Bad idea.

All over my wall, there was links to the video from McDonalds, along with videos of me singing posted. Then there were endless insults, rude comments, and even a few threats posted as well. I had no friends, the only people who were on my friends list were family members.

I got a few friend requests, but they were from random people who I didn't know. Some weren't even from Canada, or America. They were from all over the globe, but I didn't risk it. Anyone who was my friend on Facebook, or followed me on Twitter were tormented so badly, they stopped following me, or deleted me off their friend list.

Frowning, I log off. I wasn't able to do anything, was I? Through the eyes of everyone, everything I did, or say was wrong.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered secretly to the Lord. "Why? What have I done?" I bow my head and run my hands through my hair.

"Justin." Grandma knocks lightly on my door and I look up "Dinner's ready." I heard Grandpa wake up, and heard the backdoor open and close, along with the soft sound of Grandma walking away, her slippers rubbing against the hard wood floors.

I stay in my room for a few more minutes, and wait until the prayer is said. Then, while Mom and Granddad talk, I walk slowly out my room.

When I make it to the kitchen, everyone stops and looks at me. Mom opens her mouth to say something, but quickly closes it. I get a bowl of spaghetti (what Grandma made for dinner) and take a seat in the open space at the table.

A few more moments of silence lingers in the room, until Mom begins to  continue her conversation with Grandpa, in an attempt to break the silence.

Grandma places her hand onto my of mine, and I look up from my plate at her. She gives me a warm smile, and I quickly return it. She removes her hand, and I begin eating.

After dinner, I help clean up. Grandma and Grandpa go out with a group of elders at the church, leaving Mom and me alone for the rest of the night.

Grandma whispers something to Mom. I only heard my name being said, and saw Mom looking over at me.

I push in the last chair under the table, and gather the dirty dishes. The front door shuts, and Mom walks into the kitchen.

"I've got the kitchen," she says. "You can go...do whatever." I nod, and walk past her. She doesn't say a word to me as I pass.

Before I shut my door, I could hear sniffling coming from the kitchen. I walk quietly back towards the kitchen, and stick my head in. Mom sits at the table, head in her hands, her shoulders sagging.

She was crying.

Feeling guilty, I walk over to her, and  wrap my arms around her from behind,putting my chin on her head. She slips her hand under mine, and I intertwined our fingers.

"I'm sorry." I whisper vefore giving her a small kiss on the top of her head. I pull back, walk back into my room, and shut the door.

Later that night, when Grandma and Grandpa came home, I could overhear their conversations with Mom. 

"We've got neighbors now." Grandma says suddenly. "They have a young girl around Justin's age."

"Really?" Mom asks. "I'll let him go meet her tomorow."

"Good." Grandpa says. "They need help unloading the big trucks coming in the morning. Justin can help."

I turned over in my bed.

'Great.' i think 'Another person to make fun of me.'

Now you can say  'FINALLY! THE GIRL SHOWS UP!!!!!" haha

Updated July 07, 2012