12

They were currently sat around the dinner table, Ally across from Troy, Lauren across from Camila, and Lucy across from Dinah. All of them were talking over one another, engaged in different conversations that seemed to be very interesting but Camila was having none of it.

She played with the food on her plate, moving it around the flat dish absentmindedly. She was too busy with her actions to notice the chatter had died down for a while now. Her gaze went up to meet numerous of curious eyes making her face flush red in embarrassment.

"Sorry?"

"I asked you why you weren't eating?" Ally asked with a hint of concern on her voice.

"Oh," Camila mumbled setting down her spoon neatly on the placemat. "I'm not hungry."

She heard a scoff and looked up to see Lauren rolling her eyes. Camila furrowed her eyebrows, she was getting frustrated with the older Cuban. Lauren has been hot and cold with her these past few days ever since the green eyed girl took care of her. To say Camila was confused is an understatement, she just didn't understand her. She thought they were going well?

One day she's this lost puppy that only needs love and affection from Camila and the next she's a pit bull who'd bite Camila's head off when she'd be 5 feet around her. The younger girl was left baffled and upset each and every time it was the latter, she never seemed to understand why Lauren always made it out to be butt hurt over something she did. She wanted to understand but it was like Lauren didn't want her to.

"You're being so ungrateful, some people actually have to starve themselves because they can't afford to buy food. Yet here you are, offered food and you're not going to take it?"

Although Camila still had a soft spot for Lauren she became furious right then and there. What did she do? What was her problem? The one thing that Camila's not getting at all is answers and she's sick and tired of it. She felt like she was forced to put the million of puzzle pieces together of a picture she has never seen before. It was just so unfair.

"Well you know what? Some people don't get kidnapped either!"

The entire table grew quiet, the only thing heard was Lauren's loud and deep breaths. Camila knows that was a mistake but she can't bite her tongue forever and make Lauren get away with her hurtful comment she throws her way every single damn time.

"What?" The way Lauren's voice sounded with the simple question made Camila shudder, in a bad way. She basically accepted the offer of death.

The sound of a chair screeching filled the room while Camila kept her gaze down on her plate, too afraid to look up and meet a fuming Lauren.

"Laur..."

Lauren snapped her head to Lucy and shook her head hastily, telling her no. Lucy was always finding was to convince the green eyed girl to give Camila a pass. All those times Lauren would comply and shut her mouth immediately, but not this time.

"No, Lucy. I've had enough of this ungrateful bitch! Does she know how lucky she is that she's sitting here in an actual dinning room and not being fed like a dog? Does she know how lucky she is that I haven't put a knife through her throat the moment I saw her?!"

Hurt. Camila was hurt. What Lauren said stung a lot. Ungrateful bitch? Camila was a lot of things but bitch and ungrateful weren't one of them, she's never been called that before so this was certainly new to her. She really thought Lauren wouldn't hurt her physically but now she would really prefer it than being hurt emotionally, the thought of the Lauren not hurting Camila was thrown out the window the moment the older Cuban finished her rant.