{Zeno x Reader} The number 1 rule

Ninja's number 1 rule- NEVER fall in love-punished by death.

~Past

I was surrounded by the enemy. There was no way to escape. No way of me getting out of dying. I was a goner. Well that's what I thought until I met that boy. Bright Yellow hair and gorgeous blue eyes. The day he saved my life was the day I fell in love. Even though I only saw him once I will never forget his angelic smile.

I remember his one promise to me the one I believed he would keep. The one that I waited for.

'The next time I see you no matter when, I will finally tell you how I feel'

~Now

I guess it's time for a new mission, I wonder what It could be this time. I received a note through my door I wonder what it says. I read it.

F/N,

Your new mission is To Kill Princess Yona; this mission was requested by the king himself so it must be completed

Good luck. Xxxxxx

Well I guess that's it. I get changed into my ninja uniform. I finished getting changed and left the village to complete the mission.

~2 day's later

I had been searching for them for quite a while now I wonder when I will find her, I heard she has hair as red as fire and is travelling with six men that are supposed to be quite strong. Well I will soon find out.

I jump from tree to tree so I can keep myself hidden from anybody that passes by when I hear someone shout.

'YONA!'

Wait Yona could that be her, the princess. I head to where the noise came from. I see a young girl with bright red hair and three men one with navy blue hair, one with a beige colour, and one with white hair. It's the princess!

I jump a few trees ahead of them so I could get my kunai out of my bag. I take a single black kunai blade and aim it for the princess's head. I try to keep my killer intent hidden but obviously it didn't work because as soon as I threw the kunai the navy haired boy blocked and jumped in front of the Princess. Dammit, and I thought this was gonna be easy.

All three of them were now surrounding the princess though the beige haired boy looked as scared as the princess did. *sigh

'Show yourself!'

'Hai hai'

I jump from the tree to the ground taking both my sword out as I jumped. Now how do I get through them?

'Who are you and what do you want'

'Well my name's F/N and I don't want anything personally but the mission I've been sent on is to kill the princess'

As soon as I said this I felt the air become tenser and the navy haired boy look like he could burst with anger at any minute.

I stand there laughing at him.*wiping a tear that escapes my eye.

'Well I guess you ain't gonna be completing this mission of yours then will you'

That got my attention; I suppose this boy was asking for it.

'Oh really now and who's gonna stop me?'

'Me of course'

He ran at me with his blade pointing at my head, I duck just before it hit me. Well he has a little bit of skill I suppose. The mask on my head suddenly falls off as it had been cut.

'Heh, well done you can cut a mask'

This time both the White haired boy and the blue haired boy came at me. I instantly jumped back using both swords to block their moves.

*sarcastically 'Two against one how unfair'

I looked at the princess and could see that the navy hair boy was still protecting her, leaving an opening to the beige haired boy. He just noticed what I was going to do but didn't have time to stop it as I already had a sword held against the beige haired boy's neck.

'YUN!'

Oh so that's his name huh. Oh well.

'So what we gonna do then you gonna give me the princess or let 'Yun' here die'

I cut a small bit at the side of his neck to show I was serious about it.

*silence no one said anything or even moved

'Very well then he dies'

I went to cut his neck deeper but was stopped by someone grabbing my hand.

'That's not very good is it miss/mister'

Huh who was that? I turn around to the voice eyes widening in shock. Bright yellow hair, gorgeous blue eyes and the angelic smile.

'Huh....y....you you're....

I drop both swords and fall to my knees tears streaming down my face.

'It really is you'

'Yup long time no see F/N'

'Wait Zeno you know her/him'

'Yh I met her once when I was younger'

They all looked at us with shocked eyes. Well not the navy haired boy he just sat down and watched us as if we were some type of entertainment.

'Do...do you remember your promise?'

'Of course I do I would never forget'

I smile tears still pouring from my eyes. He lends me a hand and helps me up from the ground.

'Do you wanna here my answer?'

'Yes.... I would love to'

He slowly embraces me in a tight hug. Making my face turn a light crimson red.

'I love you F/N!'

More tears start to pour from my eyes as I slowly take a kunai out of my bag.

'Zeno do you remember when I told you the number 1 ninja rule'

'Yh....'

His eyes widen in shock as he realises what I was about to do.

'Thank you for loving someone like me, goodbye'

With that I pierce my heart with the kunai, The words 'I love you' ringing in my ears until my last breath.

(soooooo, yh I still ain't good at writing one shot's.....) But either way I hope you enjoyed it >0<