Recovery

I woke up and I was in a recovery room. My nose had all these hard bandages on it and my lip felt numb.
I could barley feel it.

Charlie was on my left watching TV, not noticing I was awake. My mom and dad were on my right also watching TV.

"Mom," I said with a low weak voice. "Hello, you don't need to talk its ok, your surgery went good and you are recovering well," she said quietly with a smile on her face.

My dad looked over at me and rubbed my hand then smiled. He turned to a slight frown though and teared up. "Charlie, can you wait in the hall real quick for me?" my dad said. He nodded and stood up and left the room.

"Can you talk good?" he asked.
"Yes, but it might sound low. My lip has no feeling so, yeah," I said.

"I'm not mad about them you know? I am more like worried as to why you did it. I have noticed depression in you. I had it at one point. Your mother helped me. What made you start doing this?" he said while slightly rolling my arm over revealing the cuts.

All my time doing this I had no idea he knew. I always thought they would be mad at me. But they aren't. They are just worried parents wondering why I did it. I'm happy they aren't mad.

"I started a year ago. I wasn't happy anymore, I hated pink, I hated looking at people laughing and be happy. I was always sad, I didn't feel right. I wanted to escape from it. I didn't want to die just have something temporarily. I am sorry I never told you guys. I thought you were going to be mad, I thought you wouldn't look at me the same anymore. I didn't want you always looking at my arms and being ashamed." My lip was probably going to open up because of me talking but that's ok. I'm able to talk.

My mom and dad both held my hand. "We aren't mad. We can't be mad at that. We want to help you and get you help. You can see a therapist. That is fine with the both of us," my mom said. I nodded.
"Can Charlie come back in? He knows about it so. And what time is it?"

"Yes, and it is 12:34. At night if you were wondering," my mom chuckled while my dad went and brought Charlie back.

"Are you ready to go home? You could use a nice long sleep," my dad said. "Sounds like I have had a 8 hour long sleep," I laughed.
We all got up after the nurse said it was ok to leave and I kept my hospital clothes on.

"I brought my car,so I have to drive it back. Do you want to drive with them or me?" Charlie said. I took his hand and looked at him. "I'm driving with you," I said with a half smile. My lip was getting feeling back. He helped me get into the car and we all drove to my house.

When we were in the house my mom put my pain relief medicine on the table then said goodnight to us and went to bed. "Does your mom know you're here?" I asked.

"Obviously," he said with a laugh.

"Do you want to stay the night? You could sleep down here and I could sleep down here with you," I said.

"I'm staying but you sleep in your bed, you should be comfortable up there on your bed. Goodnight, I love you," he said while kissing my for head and hugging me.

"Goodnight, I love you too," I said.
I went upstairs and left my door open to an inch. Apparently I get 2 days of school off to recover. Its fine if I go back in 2 days and I'm still in pain. I can take it. I changed into a tank top and fuzzy black shorts and I layer in bed on my back. I can't sleep on my side or stomach because I'll hurt my lip and my nose. Oh well. I fell asleep almost immediately.

**Hey! Hope you like it, I'll try posting another one today and if not at least you got another one to read:) enjoy, bye!!**