Chapter 9: Just Passing By

As they were all trotting, Luna at the front, they happen to pass by a, Jungle?

"Where are we?" Rainbow asked.
"I think we're in a jungle" Twilight responded.
"Nope, it's a forest" Fluttershy answered, needless to say that Fluttershy is right.

They were observing the place until...
"Roar!!!"a growl can be heard from their right.
Just right in front of them, a giant beast ran to the left side of the path (according to the ponies' view)

Their attention went to the beast, they decided to take a peek of where the beast ran into.
It was just hunting prey.
They could see the beast knocking out its prey. The beast left with a dead animal on its mouth and speechless ponies with surprised faces behind the bushes. They were stunned and they remained in the same position for several seconds.
They looked like they've been scared for life. Luna was the first to talk.

"Well then" Luna said with a scared face "It is best if we keep going"
They all nodded and left the bush.
After a few miles,they heard a roar again.

"Wha-what was that??" Fluttershy asked, she was stuttering, she was trying to hide herself.

Then, the beast they saw earlier jumped in front of them.
"ROAR!!!" The beast let out a huge roar in front them.

They got scared and screamed "Ahhh!"
The beast roared again,
They screamed again,
The beast paused for a moment and inhaled deeply,
The beast let out a stronger and louder roar , ruining the ponies' mane .

"My hair" Rarity whined.

They were stunned. It was time for Fluttershy to do her job, she calmed the beast and it went away.
"Well that was easy" Pinkie plainly said.
"Good job Fluttershy!" Twilight congratulated her.
"Yeah, good job Flutters" Rainbow smiled at her and blushed a little, Fluttershy did the same, she looked down after.

They continued their journey.

"Princess Luna? Are you sure we're in the right way?" Twilight asked, she was starting to get worried.
"Yes Twilight Sparkle, I've been here sev'ral times" Luna replied "this forest just changes a lot"
They gulped, looking at each other.

Rarity suddenly stepped on mud out of nowhere
"Eww..." She whined quietly "This place is really disgusting me" as she wipes off the mud by shaking her hoof.

Luna stopped trotting which made a few of them bumped at each other.
"What is it Princess? Twilight asked with worry in her eyes.
"It is getting dark, it is best if we camp on a shelter-like place" Luna said.
"Why? It's only gonna get dark and spooky stuff will show in front of our eyes and scare us for all eternity" Pinkie giggled.

"i'm sorry to burst your bubble Pinkie Pie but, the night time here is...odd, it would be better to not see any shenanigans this forest has to present" Luna explained.
"What do you mean shenanigans?" Twilight wondered.
"Have you read the book hallucillusions ?"
"Yes"
"Kind of like those, except, they are far more worse" Luna said with a tone that would give you a chill up on your spine.

Twilight was now scared.

Sorry for the short chapter xP but here is the new chapter! :D
Also thank you for the feedbacks and votes :'D they mean so much to me.
I'm glad you peeps are enjoying the story :) , well I'm going to start writing the next chapter on scratch then probably publish it by Sunday? I won't be publishing tomorrow , it's either I'm going to the cinemas and watch the Marvel civil War or me playing Undertale (I just started playing the game today and probably finish it tomz). Well thank you again for supporting this story, that's all I have to say and see ya!